1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

vocal virus, antiware uneffective

Discussion in 'User submitted guides' started by jday8480, Dec 29, 2009.

1. jday8480

jday8480 Member

my system has something going on. its running slow, there are several programs that wont irnstall o open, and about every 15 min there is an audio commercial that plays. i cant find any sourse or associated program running. it just starts playing, alwayse random cont on a 30 sec commercial for google crome, or new vista laptops.

i have tried using the post "How to remove all spyware/adware/bho" from DVDBlack 23 as well as several other suggested combinations, but as i said, most aren't even installing.

here is the list of virus or spyware products i am trying:
    lavasoft adaware: running but very slow, finds nothing
    zonealarms firewall/antivirus: very slow, but finds nothing
    ccleaner: runs and cleans fine
    cwshredded: works fine
    spybot: installed but wont run
    windowsdefender: stops install at 85% "service 'windows defender' (windefend) failed to start. verify that you have sufficient privileges to start system services."
    Makwarebytes: wont even begin installation

stm specs:
    xp sp3
    p4 2.53GHz
    2gb ram

2. cyprusrom

cyprusrom Active member

Did you try to do all that in safe mode?

3. jday8480

jday8480 Member

yep, i have the exact same problems in safe mode. i have followed all the steps of the forums listed. the fix is something else.

i haven't seen any posts of anyone getting autio spam with no popups or graphics. have you.