1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Vodei codec to Xvid

Discussion in 'All other topics' started by j_holmes, Mar 17, 2005.

1. j_holmes

j_holmes Regular member

Hi guys,

I have this clip encoded in this vodei codec,
    inwhich I never seen nor heard of, that I want to encode into Xvid.

Heres the site if you've never heard of it either:

http://www.vodei.com/

I tried with TMPGENC, but for some reason its not picking up the vodei codec.

Any advice will be greatly appreciated.

2. jloop

jloop Guest

I recently came across a movie that needed the same codec to play the file. I installed the Vodei codec and used Winamp to make sure the codec was installed correctly. I then used WinAvi Converter to convert the file to dvd and burn it to a dvd+r.

3. j_holmes

j_holmes Regular member

Hi,

Thanks for the reply.

Shortly after I posted this I came across another thread on the net that had the same advice. (WinAVI Convertor)

Thanks a bunch anyway.

In Comparisson:

I ran the movie through and wasn't quite impressed with the quality of it. It [(wasn't)fixed from was] the worst, its just that I've been using TMPGENC to convert to DVD and the quality's great.

What you think of the quality?

Thanks again

Last edited: Mar 18, 2005
  4. jloop

jloop Guest

I noticed a big change in quality. Just as you said, I'm used to getting much better quality when converting but I guess it will have to do for now. I like watching my movies on my portable dvd player so it beats just having the movie on the computer.