1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Voice out of sync

Discussion in 'DVDR' started by cityslikr, Mar 28, 2007.

1. cityslikr

cityslikr Member

Using Ripit4me / DVD Shrink / DVD DeCrypter, and have been noticing recently that on most backups, the audio is slightly off from the video – meaning the voice is not in sync with the movement of the lips etc.
    This does not begin to happen till the movie is about ¾ of the way thru – regardless of length.
    If I pause the movie, than resume – everything goes back into sync.
    Is there an adjustment I should be making with the burn program?, or should I be doing something else to avoid this problem?

2. rdmercer1

rdmercer1 Active member

how fast are you burning? what kind of media are you using? also dose this happen on your standalone dvd player or on your computor? i have seen other threads about people having the same problem, and it dose not make any sence that it would go out of sync and when you stoped the movie and thain when you started it back up it would be allright. some thing else must be going wrong somewhere else.

3. cityslikr

cityslikr Member

I am using Verbatim ( Mitsubishi Chemical Corp. MCC 02RG20), Taiyo Yuden (Taiyo Yuden Co. Ltd. TYG02) and Ritek (Ritek Corp. (RITEKG03) and playing back on a Pioneer DV-414 and / or a Toshiba SD 4000. Just bought the Toshiba because I thought the probs might be with the Pioneer, but got the same results.
    I am burning at half the recommended burn speed of the media, except for the Ritek which is 1x.

4. attar

attar Senior member

You didn't mention if it was present on the PC.

5. cityslikr

cityslikr Member

I have never played one back on the pc.
    If that would help to determine what the problem is - I will try it and get back later tonite...
    Thanks

6. attar

attar Senior member

It was rdmercer1 who mentioned it.I just noticed that you hadn't indicated on that point.
    It would be interesting to know if the output from Ripit4me or the output ISO from Shrink or the burned DVD were in sync (on the PC).

Since you tried two players and various brands of media that kind of rules out two possibilities.
    I haven't tried Ripit4me so I don't have an opinion.All I can say is that Shrink and Decrypter have been around too long for that kind of problem to go unnoticed.

I have noticed (in the past when I used certain media burned too fast) that Fast Forward or Skip would cause out of sync, which could be corrected with pause/stop/start.

7. cityslikr

cityslikr Member

Well, played the movie on pc, and it played properly from beginning to end.
    Could this be because that was the same unit that burned the backup?

Don't tell me both my stand-alones stink.

8. attar

attar Senior member

Have someone play it on their player.

Better yet, you listen to it on their player.
    You may have a lower tolerance for sync.
    I assume it's only burned disks that the problem shows.

Last edited: Mar 29, 2007
  9. cityslikr

cityslikr Member

Correct, this only occurs on my burns - originals play perfectly.

10. attar

attar Senior member

I can only guess that the PC is ignoring a problem in the encoded stream which the standalone recognizes.
    Try ripping 'Main Movie' with 'DVDFab Decrypter' and burn with DVD Decrypter.