1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Voices dont match actors

Discussion in 'DivX / XviD' started by Dan_61, Oct 13, 2007.

1. Dan_61

Dan_61 Regular member

hello

I am DLing from a P2P then converting from AVI with Flick then burning with BurnOn , the movie is not in sync, the words are coming out before the actor opens his mouth.

2. billybob

billybob Regular member

If your downloading from a p2p network, the chances are the video is compressed to the xvid format.

If you havent got this installed, either the audio will play without the video, or, as you have described, the video will play but completely out of sync.

Download the xvid codec from here: http://www.xvidmovies.com/codec/

Install it, and then try playing the .avi's before you conver them.

Hopefully thats your problem solved :D

Let me know.

3. Dan_61

Dan_61 Regular member

I forgot to add that the movies play in sync on my computer before burning.

4. billybob

billybob Regular member

Lmao. Okay that was a bit of a vital thing to forget to add:p

In that case, what speed are you burning these videos to disc? From what it sounds like, you need to burn it at a much lower speed than you are.

The higher the speed you burn it, the lower the quality gets (more out of sync etc).

Try that and let me know :D

5. Dan_61

Dan_61 Regular member

BurnOn doesnt allow a choice on burn speed, i also use CD burner xp which burns at 10, i dont get this out of sync problem alot, once in awhile

6. billybob

billybob Regular member

7. Dan_61

Dan_61 Regular member

Thanks Billy i will give it a shot

8. billybob

billybob Regular member

Glad to try and help :D

let us know how you get on :)

9. mistycat

mistycat Active member

If you're seeing a gradual sync loss after converting, this won't help but if it's constant from start to finish, it should: http://www.alexander-noe.com/video/amg/ Enter your original file at the top, highlight it and select generate data. Highlight the audio that appears and if there is any sync loss, it will appear to the right in ms, otherwise 0 will appear. If other than 0, hit start, name and put it as and where you wish and in a minute or two, you'll have a new file to convert. Incidentally, your pc won't show any sync loss in playing the original and I check all mine before converting.

10. billybob

billybob Regular member

Jesus christ its Mistycat!!

I havent seen you in a while! I really cant remember why your name means something to me, we mustve did something funny together sometime ....

Damn thats gonna bug me. Or did u jsut help me with something? Argh.

11. billybob

billybob Regular member

Wait, arent you the person who helpes everyone with port forwarding?

12. mistycat

mistycat Active member

I spoke with you on the p2p forum some time ago, something to do with port forwarding, can't remember exactly what though.

Last edited: Oct 16, 2007
  13. Dan_61

Dan_61 Regular member

Hi Billy/Misty

I have loaded Cucusoft going to try it on next AVI conversion, Misty
    the out of sync was constant throught the movie right from the the first words, doesnt happen alot in conversions, i think it was because of the file extension xvid from P2P

Thanks for your help

14. mistycat

mistycat Active member

I found out about AviMux_Gui on a forum for ConvertXtoDVD and no converter l've used has helped (a lot). Seems to be XVID with AC3 audio but not always (some MP3) and there is very rarely any problem seen before conversion. From what I hear, ConvertrXtoDVD does the best job with audio (fantastic quality too and fast) but the trial will put a watermark in your video. Burns and has menu too.

15. xhardc0re

xhardc0re Guest

@Dan_61: is the audio out of sync the exact amount of time, from beginning to end throughout the entire movie? That could be two things: Burning program doesn't like the codec, and is purposely throwing the audio off (this is hard to explain...) OR your burner is too fast, causing the video data to be burned to the file at a different rate than the audio. I back up my PS2 games; when i burn too fast the video skips or the audio is off from the video.

If slowing down to the slowest your burner and media will go (4x-8x at most) helps, then you found the answer. If not, try to re-encode a few of the videos & reburn about 200mb back or the whole thing. I use a program called MediaInfo that tells how fast the bitrate of the file is. If the bitrate is too high (5Mbps or more) then even the best burner might hiccup on them. Re-encoding to a lower bitrate, while it's a pain in the arse, will solve the problem.