1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Voltage Regulater

Discussion in 'Other video questions' started by ChrisGo, Sep 8, 2003.

1. ChrisGo

ChrisGo Member

Purchased a Mits. HDTV and the salesmen said I needed a Voltage Regulater to smooth the power supply for better picture, cleaner sound, and premature wear to parts in TV from fluctuating voltage. The unit is a Monster Power($499.00).seems to be a glorified Surge protecter. Want to know if this is neccessary or reccomended. Thanks, ChrisG

2. ken0042

ken0042 Regular member

I've seen them; they claim to "clean" the power supply. Not sure if it's needed or not; when I hooked up a buddy's HDTV I couldn't see a difference.

I was planning on asking my father the next time I see him; he's an electrician. I just can't get my head around how power can be "dirty."

The only thing it does do for sure is block radio frequencies that are transmitted along the power lines; for example all electric motors create interference. (like a washing machine, vacuum, etc.)

Now the ones I was looking at here sell for $250-$400 CDN. Not sure if your price was US$.