1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

volume leveller

Discussion in 'Audio' started by MikeBUK, May 8, 2003.

1. MikeBUK

MikeBUK Guest

Does anyone know of how to download or get hold of a volume leveller which enables mp3 and wma files to play back at the same volume after burning to CD?

2. pecorella

pecorella Member

IMHO they doesn't work very well. It's better to take each song and adjust the volume by yourself.

Anyway volume levelling is a feature of Music Match Jukebox (latest version) or Sound Forge or Nero itself

3. MikeBUK

MikeBUK Guest

Where is the volume adjustment with Nero? I have the latest version and cannot see it.

4. pecorella

pecorella Member

1. Nero Wave Editor --> [Chose a song] --> Volume --> Normalize

2. Nero --> Open a CD Audio project --> Select a song --> Click "Edit" --> It opens Nero Wave Editor --> As Above.

5. MikeBUK

MikeBUK Guest

Thanks but it doesn't work - atleast not with mp3 files. There is no audible change in volume. Doesn't matter anyway - Windows media player 9 has a normaliser in it and although it's not perfect it sounds much better when you burn using it's inbuilt facility. I think Nero should get a normaliser which works automatically when composing CD's - they've got just about everything else.

6. msb5150

msb5150 Regular member

If you use winamp then get the rock steady plug-in, it works very well, I use it in conjunction with wincue and a digital optical connection to record my mp3's to minidisc, but that is very random, I really couldn't help you if you wanted to permenantly change the volume.

7. tigre

tigre Moderator Staff Member

1. If you're allready satisfied with the results of your WMA files you could use mp3gain to level the mp3s to the same volume before decoding. Mp3gain should give better results than normalization.

2. Another possibility (I haven't tried, but it should work): Use foobar2000's diskwriter for decoding to .wav, replaygain function (trackgain, set target volume of replaygain amplifier to the volume you want) enabled.
    http://foobar2000.hydrogenaudio.org
    (WMP input plugin at "3rd party komponents" link.)
    The resulting .wav files you can burn with any software (*no* normalization!)

8. nik99

nik99 Regular member

ya actually..mike... nero has got a normaliser if u wanna make a audio cd..so y not for a mp3 cd..in audio its so simple
    iv struggled myself with this so long..