1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

vso divxtodvd authoring (question)

Discussion in 'Video to DVD' started by blaga, Apr 24, 2007.

1. blaga

blaga Guest

Hello I am attempting to convert some avi files that I pulled off the tubeU using vso divx to dvd software. The files were converted to avi using vdownloader but when i attempt to load them onto vso program it tells me floating point division by zero. Just wondering if anyone else ran into something similar to this. B/w I'm operating off windows vista.lmk

2. attar

attar Senior member

Any problems with other AVI files being converted with vso DivX to dvd ??

Test the AVI with GSpot.See if the codecs are present.

Press button 1 to render the file with the available codec's.
    Press button 2 and play the video.

http://www.headbands.com/gspot/v26x/GSpot270a.zip

[​IMG]

3. blaga

blaga Guest

No others than the error message I mention in my 1st thread. Does this gspot program repair files or locate codecs. Will I need to install further codecs.

4. attar

attar Senior member

It won't repair them.It will tell you the file format and the codecs required.
    First you want to know that you have a viable file, then figure out what it requires to be converted.
    The VSO converter can handle lots of file types but (for example)if you try and give it a .BIN file, it will give out the floating point error.

5. blaga

blaga Guest

I would paste my results need help

6. blaga

blaga Guest

Is there a simple step software that will downlad video clips and transfer them to avi or iso apprently this vdownloader claims it does but doesnt convert flv's into avi's is that a little more clear

7. attar

attar Senior member