1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

VsoDivxToDVD Audio problem

Discussion in 'MPEG-1 and MPEG-2 encoding (AVI to DVD)' started by kapot, Apr 9, 2005.

1. kapot

kapot Member

Hello,

I have a DivX movie (encoded using free DivX 5.2x), Movie.Avi.

I tried to convert it using VsoDivxToDvd, the process was done properly, no error.

But, when I tried to view the .VOB file (using NERO player), I hear no audio :(

The VsoDivxToDVD detected the avi perfectly, it said it has audio.

I have tried to convert it before using DVD Santa, and I got audio. But why I got no audio with VsoDivxToDVD ?

Anyone have any suggestion?

I use version 0.5.2.99

Thanks for any help.

2. ndamorn

ndamorn Member

The avi has a sound file that is not compatible with standard dvd's. You can copy the avi & use virtualdub with the copy to extract the wav file. Then convert it to equvalent bitrate (128,160,192,etc.) in ac3 format. I have not used vso b4 but was told it is fast & good. I usually use TMPGenc Express or TMPGenc Plus but recently got exact same prob. 16hrs later my avi was an mpg with no sound & dvd author told me the extracted wav of 129 bitrate was not compatible. After feeding dvd author the no sound mpg & converted ac3 file of 128 it worked perfect.

3. kapot

kapot Member

I found that my DivX movie has this audio codec : pcm_s16le, 44100 Hz, Stereo 1411 Kb/s

While vso encoded it to AC3, 192 Kbps, 48000

Do you think this is the problem?

I could extract the audio using VirtualDub to .WAV, but what next?

I also installed http://ac3filter.sourceforge.net/, but still no audio.

Anyone have any suggestion ?