1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

vu+ duo and the technomate nano

Discussion in 'Digital TV - UK & Europe' started by tonyc50, Dec 12, 2013.

1. tonyc50

tonyc50 Member

Hi guys anyone had any experience with these boxes was thinking of purchasing one with a remote dish for getting euro sports/football any views or recommendations will be much app. thanks.Is FW and updates out there for them ?

2. piopat

piopat Active member

I don't know about the nano but the vu is without one of if not the best box out there , ive not got a duo ive got a solo but I cant fault it . the firmware for these boxes is called an image and theres lots about , I use blackhole myself and others use vix . I don't know about the nano but I do know that technomate boxes are very well made boxes , I know a guy that has the latest twin technomate and he says its better than a duo , if so that's really saying some thing .with most boxes these days you pop the firmware (image ) onto a usb stick and insert it into the box , either a pop up message appears on screen with options to send the image into the box (thats called flashing )or the box just detects the image and automaticly sends it into the box , and its usually quick just a few minutes .

3. tonyc50

tonyc50 Member

thx piopat I have opted for the VU duo with a motorised dish and have blackhole pre installed have got the dish set up it has a stb motor have connected all the cables located sat astra 19.2 but can not get any picture have the channel set at bbc1 ch info comes on bottom of screen but just light blue screen with b/h logo and small sat logo top corner any help be much app is there any tutorials for the VU and motor dish setup thx

Last edited: Dec 28, 2013
  4. piopat

piopat Active member

bbc 1 is not on astra 19 east its on astra/eurobird 28 east , did you install the dish your self ? if so you may not have it set correctly .

5. tonyc50

tonyc50 Member

Thx for the quick reply yes put the dish up myself its a gibertini 85cm with twin lnb I have 1 cable going from LNB to motor on dish cable from motor to receiver and a cable from LNB to receiver set the dish with sat director on my phone seems a lot of people have used it nice little app another thing the dish seems to be going off on its own sounds weird but think its looking for voyager in the delta quadrant LOL serious tho im absolute newb at sats. and any help much app. thx again .....sorry is there any easy to follow tutorials for setting this up thx also have an earthnet set from box to router

Last edited: Dec 29, 2013
  6. piopat

piopat Active member

hi mate well motorised setups are not really my forte all tho I know some , but if you need help with blackhole image or card sharing stuff let me know and ill help you all I can mate .