1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

VU+ Duo or Xtrend ET9000 or Technomate 7102 HD - please help!

Discussion in 'Digital TV - UK & Europe' started by jimmythesaint, Oct 16, 2011.

1. jimmythesaint

jimmythesaint Member

I need advice on which is the best receiver to choose from the following: Technomate 7102 HD Xtrend ET9000 and the VU+ Duo. I know two are Linux and the other isn't. I will only be using it for Cccam 'c/s' and need to know which offers the very BEST HD and SD picture quality, HD is very important in crispness but SD as important as want it very clear also. Which is the fastest for channel changing, least problematic with glitches, picture freezing or firmware issues and works the best without lip synch issues. I have to buy one tomorrow...thanks.

2. cactikid

cactikid Active member

xtrend is more new and slightly more advanced than the vu+duo,not had any lip sync issues with vu+duo even it has great reviews.

3. jimmythesaint

jimmythesaint Member

thanks for your comment which i appreciate. what is the picture quality like in both hd and sd with your duo? is the fan noisy? and does it work with cccam well?

4. cactikid

cactikid Active member

i do hear the fan at times when room is very quiet,hd is great on a 50" plasma and sd can be good or bad depending on what channel your on,think my box more on mgcam than cccam as it may depend what you put on it,using vix

any of the top boxes cccam will be of no problem.

5. jimmythesaint

jimmythesaint Member

thank you again. so you would say i should get great hd pictures on my tv? i too have a 50in pioneer plasma which is 1080i not p. and sd pictures would you say they are great on the usual packages like sky germany, sky it, and i'm sure you haven't tried this but the nova greece channels on 13e like mega, alter, star and ant1, mad greekz? (sorry to ask you to check for me its just that i am greek and i really would like my grandmother and mum to watch these channels in good quality and not washed out or fuzzy like some sd channels - if you get a chance to check i'd be very grateful). which vix do you use? and is the channel changing on c/sh pretty quick on the duo? final question, what method does the duo use to add a c/line(s) and can i use more than 1 c/line at the same time? this is important for me because one company has great service and quality of channels but i also use the other as its a lot more stable for greek package nova so i have to be able to run both together...thank you for your help which i appreciate.

6. fintannl

fintannl Regular member

vix works on both et9000 and vu+. Tuners in both are excellent. Picture crispness is down to your tv. I have a 40pfl8605 and high def is stunning while standard def is so so. However this is the weakness of the tv and not the vu tuners

7. jimmythesaint

jimmythesaint Member

thank for your help which i appreciate. ok, so which would you choose from my list? and considering i want the best pic quality, no lip synch problems, fastest in channel changing and to be able use 2 different c/lines at the same time (sourced from different companies)...thank you

8. fintannl

fintannl Regular member

to be honest both will do the job. Vix is the best image out there and I have used many and it works on both boxes. Even sky does not compare to it. You can use as many c-lines as you want. You do need to define which c-lines you wish to use for specific channels and this can be a bit of torture. Oscam is easier to setup to do this

9. jimmythesaint

jimmythesaint Member

thank you so much for your help. so do i use oscam instead of cccam or use oscam as an add on? your advice would be very much appreciated on this subject as one of my c line providers is great for some channels/packages and another provider is better at others and in fact opens other packages my first line doesn't and i don't want any problems with the channels opening...

10. cactikid

cactikid Active member

also note a good signal and quality does help also in picture quality also use good cabling as poor quality hdmi leads can make a difference to a fuzzy picture.
    my set up does not wander yet so i cannot answer that.

11. fintannl

fintannl Regular member

as cactikid has said et9000 and vu will both do the job. The issue you have is how to set them up properly. Now thats a different proposition and takes some effort on your behalf. On top of this is your provider of services. So your tv is fine, either receiver box is fine, its all the other factors that make your system a good or bad one. So learn Oscam and find a decent provider and off you go

12. jimmythesaint

jimmythesaint Member

thank you both...my tv is a pioneer 50in plasma, my receiver will be between those 3 (technomate is thrown into the equation as its the easiest to add c lines and updates via usb - although not sure if i can use 2 different providers c lines working at the same time with this receiver). i have used providers and test lines and most have been useless and frustrating. if you could offer me your thoughts on the best provider for c/line with best stable quality and max packages it help me alot although don't know how you can give me that info here... learning oscam is easier said than done when you're not experienced and it can be stressful learning...so am i right in saying i use oscam instead of cccam or am i wrong? is there a website i can learn how to use it for the specific channels to be used by a specified c line provider over the other one and vice versa?...thank you both.

13. jimmythesaint

jimmythesaint Member

another question for you which i would like to know your opinion is if i decide for simplicity's sake to get the technomate 7102 HD instead aside from not having access to all the various plug ins and add ons like epg's etc can i still use 2 c lines working together at the same time from different providers and with no issues as i would hope this would be a lot easier than with the linux receivers. i have had some experience of noth linux with the tm 800 HD and the 7102 HD and the 7102 was so much easier to add a c line with the server list and usb. i know there's not so much you can add on this receiver but the quality of picture, sound and ease of use is really important for me as i'm not so experienced as you...please let me know your thoughts which i respect...

14. fintannl

fintannl Regular member

as i said cccam is more difficult to set up providers and channels. but if you are willing to forego this the tm800 is a fine box

15. jimmythesaint

jimmythesaint Member

thanks, i used the tm 800 and it wasn't as easy to use as the 7102 purely because with the 7102 you could easily connect or disconnect any c lines you have added and this method to me looked so much easier for me to use. my main concern is can i use the different c lines from 2 different providers?

16. fintannl

fintannl Regular member

yes for the et and vu. honestly cannot say for tm

17. cactikid

cactikid Active member

forgot to add a good broadband is also needed to avoid glitching.

18. jimmythesaint

jimmythesaint Member

sorry i should have mentioned it is essential that i can use my 2 different providers c lines at the same time...
    ok...is my broadband a good one in your opinion?... sky unlimited broadband up to 20mps

19. fintannl

fintannl Regular member

so you are going to being involved in card sharing on a sky broadband connection. Now that's a bit mad :). Don't even go there. Either forget about it or change broadband provider

20. jimmythesaint

jimmythesaint Member

oh sh**t! i was using it with c/s for about a month using a friend's receiver that i borrowed while on holiday. who would you recommend that is best and stable for this and i will cancel and switch as a matter of urgency!! thank you so much.