1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

VU+ Duo or Xtrend ET9000 or Technomate 7102 HD - please help!

Discussion in 'Digital TV - UK & Europe' started by jimmythesaint, Oct 16, 2011.

1. cactikid

cactikid Active member

sounds great but cant use it over here,what i would be asking will they be checking what you are doing as they will have an ip addy logged to server,others more in the know might answer that.
    dont know if its possible to run 2 lines together without a conflict,but as box has 2 tuners and maybe pointing to different sats maybe?needs more answers to be sure.

2. jimmythesaint

jimmythesaint Member

which is the best supplier to change to ?

3. fintannl

fintannl Regular member

card sharing does not require much bandwidth. I 'borrow' limited bandwidth in our holiday home which is well enough for the needs of sharing as a client You most definitely do not use a tv providers broadband solution to do what you do. That is just lunatic. Do you not think they are unable to monitor such traffic.

4. jimmythesaint

jimmythesaint Member

oh sh**t!! so what next? i am so stupid! please suggest a supplier for me to switch to.. even a guide...

5. fintannl

fintannl Regular member

loads of options. 3g dongle with router, fixed wireless, satellite wireless, cable, the options are out there. Just not a tv providers broadband

6. jimmythesaint

jimmythesaint Member

so i will change to any new supplier as long as its not sk*! how about the one ending in 2? or the one starting with V?

7. cactikid

cactikid Active member

i use a meteor dongle with hub,it freezes and glitches,awaiting new supplier.

8. fintannl

fintannl Regular member

cactkid, thought the dovado commsoft router worked a treat

9. bee9791

bee9791 Member

From my experience I would not choose satellite broadband anyway as I have tried it and the lag/latency issues cause v irritating freezing when viewing. I now have a 3g dongle doing a great job and v v content with it.

10. bee9791

bee9791 Member

I've had the router you speak of Fintannl for over a week now and I have nothing but praise for it. Very efficient and reliable thus far.

11. jimmythesaint

jimmythesaint Member

ok, can you please advice me how to go about getting this router also and which supplier to switch to if you can give me the information i will also get it. thanks.

12. jimmythesaint

jimmythesaint Member

i'd be grateful for a pm with suggested broadband supplier to switch to and any info regarding the router unless i don't need this if i just change supplier. thanks.also, bee9791 what is your opinion on the choice of receiver and the reasons. thanks.

13. bee9791

bee9791 Member

Comsoft.ie have a few different routers, check them out see what you think. As regards choice of receiver, there are far more qualified people on here who have the experience and knowledge, I'm not qualified to give a balanced decision to be honest. Read the post on c/s with dms, it's by Piopat. Quality Post!

14. gresko

gresko Member

Hi everybody. I have some question to ask you. I have just bouth a tm receiver and im about to using it with a sk/ broadband.
    I tried to plug into the router the ethernet cable but it didnt work.
    Then, connecting my computer to the wifi and connecting my computer with the ethernet cable to the receiver it works. I was wondering if in this case im safe. I really cant switch from sk/, is there any other possibility to cover myself? Bye

BTW: i bought a package with hotbird integrated, im in uk and im not watching sk/ uk (astra)

Last edited: Oct 28, 2011