1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Vu+ Duo service searching

Discussion in 'Digital TV - UK & Europe' started by RizzB, Jan 31, 2013.

1. RizzB

RizzB Regular member

Hi. Hoping some of you clever people can throw some light on this one because its confusing me. I recently brought a clone vu+ duo. When I carry out a scan it should be picking up around 1000 channels on 28.2e but It only ever finds around 500. My openbox finds all channels so I don't think its a dish or LNB issue. I have installed vix and then mr vix bouquet files so all the channels are there but a lot of them don't work. When I checked the frequencies the mr Vix ones are different to what the openbox ones are and they work ok. I've inputted a couple of frequencies manually and the vu+ finds and replaces the channels. To be honest its going to be a pain writing down/entering manually. Is there something else I should be doing? I downloaded the latest sat/transponder list and ftp to the box but still only find around 500 channels. Could it be as simple as tweaking the dish bearing in mind the openbox works ok?

2. fintannl

fintannl Regular member

you will find the reason fr this is because you are scanning on 19.2 and not 28.2. go to menu setup service seraching tuner configuration select the tuner and change the satellite to 28.2

3. RizzB

RizzB Regular member

Hi Fintannl, I have already set it up to scan 28.2e in the tuner config. I've tried installing latest sat xml list, I have tried just doing a basic setup and then installing mr mister bouqets and I have the problem as described originally. I have tried using a couple of different images i.e vix and blackhole and the service searching throws up the same result. I have also downloaded the blackhole plugin for latest catseye sats but still the same result. I dont think the tuner is faulty as stable on channels that work. My openbox works fine all channels so I debating weather moving the dish slightly will have any results

4. fintannl

fintannl Regular member

if openbox is fine then sat dish is fine. check both tuners are sitting on astra 28.2 before you scan. keep an eye when you start a scan that is does say scanning on 28.2

5. RizzB

RizzB Regular member

Thanks for reply. I thought as much with the dish business. With regard to the scanning I tried various ways with no joy. By not doing a scan and then transferring the latest bouquets lists for 28.2 all the channels show but most don't work. The same channels work fine on the openbox but looking at the frequencies they are slightly different is there any reason for this. Also I can input the frequencies manually and a couple that I have tried have worked and updated the channels accordingly. It's confusing me and I'd be pulling my hair out... if I had any :)

6. cactikid

cactikid Active member

sorry to say if you did some research on the vu duo clone you would have been advised on how crap the build is,could be a tuner issue.

7. RizzB

RizzB Regular member

Thanks cactikid remember your advice from the starview days, I'm kinda thinking this. The 2 openboxs I have and the 2 dm800s I used to have picked up no probs. I thought I'd take a punt on the vu+ duo clone having never had any issues with the Dm800 clone version. Just seeing if there is anything I'm missing that people with more experience of these can help. What I don't understand is the frequency issue why would they be different from a bouquet than the ones that are working on the openbox. I know that they sometimes change but a lot I checked are different and When I inputted them manually the vu+ found and updated them? I'm gonna have another mess around with it tonight and then tomorrow morning probably throw it out the window :)

8. fintannl

fintannl Regular member

i have uploaded bouquet list. This also includes satellites.xml which defines what services are scanned. Download from here http://rapidshare.com/files/2353525065/fintdm800.rar
    unzip them and use dreamboxedit to load. remember to select new enigma2 settings in the options menu when loading

9. RizzB

RizzB Regular member

Thanks. I spent about 30mins last night inputting the frequencies that I wrote down from the openbox into the vu+ box and all are now working. Luckilly most of the transponders had 4 or more channels so didn't take as long as I thought. I 'll download the file and keep just in case. Now I've changed the frequencies I assume I could save the bouqet to the computer. With regard to the EPG I have it working from when I 1st flashed and think I read somewhere it picks up from a radio channel any Idea what one as I just want to try to update manually to make sure its working. Thanks Fintannl sure you also helped me back in the day with the odd starview question. They were a little easier to sort out but the sat route offers so much more ;)

10. fintannl

fintannl Regular member

you use crossepg. if you want to manually download just hit blue button and select crossepg downloader whenever it suits. system switches to radio mode and i guess its downloaded from hip-hop radio station.

11. RizzB

RizzB Regular member

Thanks. I tried last night on a few different tv/radio channels it shows starting epg downloader but nothing seems to happen. But reading what your saying it should automatically switch and start. I'll give it another go later. Thanks for the help & advice.

12. fintannl

fintannl Regular member

another thing. if you have sorted frequencies you should use dreamboxedit, select ftp option and option to receive files from dreambox. this will save your settings to your pc so you can load them again at another time. so what i suggest is to save your current settings then load my settings as i think they should work just fine. note that while the file may reference dm800 it is relevant to the vuduo also

13. RizzB

RizzB Regular member

Ok. I cant download the link as it says restricted by the uploader. I've been to king of sat and basically spent about 40mins inputting frequencies etc. Pretty much all ok the ones that didn't work I had already inputted from the openbox data. It seems to be the Astra 2A satellite that vu+ doesn't see or read from but then again the frequencies from the website might be out of date? . I'll upload the updated bouquet to my pc and save for future. If you can sort out the link in the mean time for me to try i would be grateful.

14. cactikid

cactikid Active member

i use kingofsat when a channel stops working at usually in red the recent changes,the website gets updated quite a bit,if your downloading a bouquet make sure its recent as when channels move its outdated again and to cover the sat you want.

15. fintannl

fintannl Regular member

16. RizzB

RizzB Regular member

17. RizzB

RizzB Regular member

Hi Cactikid,

Just to let you know my problem turned out to be the satellite/Lnb. The tuner in the vu+ must be more sensitive. I also Purchased a solo and had the same problem. It wasn't to bad because was able to use the frequency information from my openbox and input manually on the vu+ boxes. Recently I had to do a scan and noticed the frequencies were well out compared to the ones being listed. Took box round to me dads one day as I was over there and hey presto the box picked up everything. Should of tried sooner but cause the openbox picked up everything I didn't think the sat/lnb was the issue. Ah well we learn something new everyday!

Cheers

18. RizzB

RizzB Regular member

Hi Fintannl,

Just to let you know my problem turned out to be the satellite/Lnb. The tuner in the vu+ must be more sensitive. I also Purchased a solo and had the same problem. It wasn't to bad because was able to use the frequency information from my openbox and input manually on the vu+ boxes. Recently I had to do a scan and noticed the frequencies were well out compared to the ones being listed. Took box round to me dads one day as I was over there and hey presto the box picked up everything. Should of tried sooner but cause the openbox picked up everything I didn't think the sat/lnb was the issue. Ah well we learn something new everyday!

Cheers

19. fintannl

fintannl Regular member

good for you. had same issues with lnb in the past but strange that one box over another works while the other has problems scanning

20. cactikid

cactikid Active member

very well done,yes seen a few problems with skybox with lnbs lol,now for some good viewing.