1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

w3player

Discussion in 'MPEG-1 and MPEG-2 encoding (AVI to DVD)' started by affleck, Jul 5, 2007.

1. affleck

affleck Guest

some assistance please. I have downloaded some avi files and when i use winavi to convert to dvd (or any program for that matter) it says "media can only be played using w3player". having read other sites i believe this software is totally corrupted. does anyone know of a way to by pass this. assistance appreciated.

2. vurbal

vurbal Administrator Staff Member

It sounds like it uses a wrapper similar to Vodei. Vodei files look like normal video files, but require you to buy (after a trial period) a "multimedia processor" that basically just enables you to read the data normally from the file. I'd delete the file and forget the whole thing if I were you.

3. cougar_ii

cougar_ii Regular member

Hi,

So many time I got caught with this JUNK stuff (Not to say a bad word).

And even then, I did install that W3Player on a TEST PC to see what it was all about, and it was not even the real movie from the filename.

Movie Name 01.avi ended up being some totaly other movie, with some timers on the screen, like a directors cut of something else.

Just like suggested above, delete the file and forget all about it.

I just don't get why people would upload such crap !!!

Ahh yes, to force you to buy their crap :)

Last edited: Jul 6, 2007