1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

wanna play my ps2 iso's on my pc

Discussion in 'Linux - General discussion' started by 5chips, Feb 5, 2006.

1. 5chips

5chips Member

the only thing i want to do is play my ps2 iso's that i have on my computer using the DSL (damn small linux) program i have not downloaded it yet because i dont know if it will let me play the games. also what are the things that a linux can do for me i have all the consols and im willing to upgrade them using what ever ican i can plz help

short and sweet... what can it do, and can it play ps2 isos???

2. dgm08

dgm08 Member

your best bet is to you wine and pcsx2
    even with this though, there will be tons of glitches and it will run insainly slow
    so basically, you can't
    buy a ps2

3. Phantom69

Phantom69 Regular member

NO.

emulation of the ps2 is not anywhere near complete yet, and it wont be for a long time.
    @ dgm08, that emulator was starte from reverse engineering ps2 DEMO discs, which means it has no where near the sufficient modding to play proper ps2 games. however, ps1 will play them properly...

@5chips, why dsl, if you r looking for a linux operating system that is more compatible, might i suggest that you use a proper distribution such as fedora or ubuntu.