1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

want 2 know how to burn pvd file

Discussion in 'CD-R' started by holdon68, May 30, 2003.

1. holdon68

holdon68 Member

i have a program calleed imagemixervcd for finepix, which creates photo shows with music backround etc, but my burner wont burn it, and nero wont except the file what can i do

2. Shoey

Shoey Guest

3. holdon68

holdon68 Member

need to play it on dvd player, i can play it on the program when i am editing it, but once i clik create it says writing failed, and everything is as it should be.

4. Shoey

Shoey Guest

I'm no expert in this field but do have some general knowledge concerning encoding to MPEG1 (VCD). If you have just one file then you would use TMPEnc to encode the file to vcd, then burn with Nero using the wizard (burn VCD). Here are some helpful guides to help you along the way m8.

http://www.afterdawn.com/articles/
    You need not rip the file as rippers are for dvd backups.

Shoey :)

5. holdon68

holdon68 Member

thanx, i tried that but that still wouldn't except a pvd file. the program i'm using is imagemixerVCD and when you click write it goes through a process, first it creates album then the music file then edits accordingly the it creates photo show and then it says begining writing but it stops and says failed to write CDR-1 what ever that means. but when you save the whole file it is a pvd file which nothing will except. any ideas that can help r great thank you

6. oquendop

oquendop Guest

Hi, I´m having this problem you discribed some months ago. When the software (ImageMixer) creates the VCD Image and start to write then the message appears [IM06007] Failed to write CDR. 1 512 Have you discovered how to solve this ? Thanks !

7. maryhs

maryhs Member

I am having basically the same issue as you describe. When trying to burn the pvd to disc I recieve "ASPI for Windows is not initialized" followd by CDR not recognized. According the list of drivers on ImageMixerVCD web page my driver should be supported and recognized. I have installed the ASPI - Advanced SCSI Programming Interface driver package from www.adaptec.com, but still get the error. Does anyone know how to initialize the ASPI package for XP? I have run the ASPI checker and see WNASPI32.DLL ASPI32.SYS are installed. There are two others WOWPOST.EXE and WINASPI.DLL that are showing as not installed.. Suggestions?

8. maryhs

maryhs Member

Forgot to include in early entry, message identifier is IM06006

9. Shoey

Shoey Guest

Do you have the option to save the file when all completed a different file format (AVI, MPEG1, MPEG2)?
    The way I understand, you're taking photo's>creating slideshow(s) with music,save then trying to burn?
    Can you post the Image Mixer VCD programs homepage please..

10. oquendop

oquendop Guest

Maryhs, When you extrac the files from the adaptec file you´ve got on the adaptec site the files names are ended in underline (WOWPOST.EX_). You should rename it manually and copy to Windows\system\. Then execute the Checker again and it willl show the files you´ve copied.
    Shoey the site is www.ImageMixer.com.
    And my problem is: The program start to write on CD but stops in the 0% and damage this CD, so I cannot use it anymore.

11. maryhs

maryhs Member

Shoey,
    I am taking photo's>creating slideshow(s) with music,save then trying to burn as you stated. However, I don't know about the format question you asked. I never get a driver recognized to burn to. I can save the file after creation. Just cant save to any secondary storage.

I was out searching last night and found that on the VCD site you can download version 1.1.5.0 of ImageMixer by selecting the DOWNLOAD link at the top of the page. According to some other discussions I have found, installing this new version has worked for some folks. I installed the version, but still only show version 1.0 for ImageMixerVCD. Might be worth a try for you folks if you haven't already. According to the VCD homepage version 1.1.50 has the following improvement: "The CD writing function is now compatible with the Automatic Recognition function (generic mode). The Automatic Recognition function judges whether or not a drive is MMC compliant, allowing writing with drives other than the officially compatible drives. *Please note that we do not guarantee writing in regards to all drives."

12. maryhs

maryhs Member

oquendop

I have moved the WOWPOST.EX_ file into the windows/system folder and renamed to WOWPOST.EXE and rebooted, but still show that as being uninstalled. New to XP,can you tell me how to force the view of the entire file including the extension? Might have double extension on the file name?

13. Shoey

Shoey Guest

When you finish your slideshow& music, and save, do you have the option to save other than pvd file? Can this be done using Microsoft PowerPoint?

14. oquendop

oquendop Guest

Maryhs, I downloaded this file to correct the problems with the drivers but now It recognize my driver but when it starts writing on CD it stops on 0% anda error message appears.
    About the ASPI files... try to use the V4.60. According to a site I´ve found SONY recomends using this version for ALL files, with you have some files in diferents versions you will have problems. The file you´ll use to force this files to V4.60 version is on the site... http://www.dup-dvd.com/forceaspi17.zip

15. maryhs

maryhs Member

oquendop
    After you installed the update to ImageMixer, what do you see for a verion number?

Shoey

16. maryhs

maryhs Member

Shoey,
    I do not see any option to save in any format other than pvd

Mary

17. maryhs

maryhs Member

YEAH! Was finally able to successfully burn a pvd project to CDR. I followed the instructions at http://radified.com/ASPI/forceaspi.htm for the ASPI install and updated the ImageMixerVCD version. My CDR is not recognized and all is well... Except I don't know how to get it to play from disc! When running the disc on a machine that does not have ImageMixerVCD, I get a CD Album which is what I would expect. However when I place on machine with ImageMixer I still only can get up the CD Album in IE. Any suggestions? I am assuming this is a user error :)

18. maryhs

maryhs Member

correction to previous entry, my CDR IS RECOGNIZED

19. oquendop

oquendop Guest

maryhs, But i don't have the ImageMixerVCD, I have only ImageMixer cause it came with my Cybershot. How do you get the ImageMixerVCD ??

20. maryhs

maryhs Member

oquendop
    I have ImageMixerVCD that came with my FUJI digital camera. You can purchase ImageMixerVCD from the ImageMixer website, but I don't if it runs with your cbyershot. I would assume it would.