1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

want to backup vcd to dvd

Discussion in 'MPEG-1 and MPEG-2 encoding (AVI to DVD)' started by dmbfan, Jun 2, 2004.

1. ozrookie

ozrookie Regular member

Hi guys just wondering what if the vcd(s) got dual language?? How do you convert the audio of the Vcd to either Left Channel or Right Channel....i know you guys make ask "What for???"...the reason for this is i got 2 languges on the vcd...if i use stereo and when putting it on the dvd there will be 2 seperate sound coming from the dvd disc.

Cya :)

2. ozrookie

ozrookie Regular member

Sorry i double post!
    Cheers :)

Last edited: Jul 8, 2004
  3. Minion

Minion Senior member

You would have to demux your VCD and then load the audio into an audio editing Program and then take the Chanell you want to keep and convert it into a psudo-Sterio Audio file at 48000hz and then author that audio file with the VCD Video file to DVD...It"s Pretty simple....

4. ozrookie

ozrookie Regular member

Ok but what is the best and easier audio editor programs i can use??? I am new to all this...that is why i ask what is the easier program i can use???

5. Minion

Minion Senior member

I find either "Sound Forge" or "Goldwave" are good for this type of stuff, especially Sound forge because it has a More Visual Interface were you can see the Audio"s waveform on the Screen so if for instance you wanted to keep the Right Chanell you would simply Delete the Left Chanell and then copy and paste the Right chanell into the Left chanell and then save the file....

good luck

6. vegetex

vegetex Member

I got the same problem as jester48 how can i fux the resolution? :( anyone help?

7. zerox1

zerox1 Member

damm

scratch that idea.

I use tmpgenc to reincode my vcds to dvd.,
    only 1 problum, I get blocky movies on playback.

how would you solve that???

I am sorry for bugging you ,but this is driving me CRAZY.

I am saving for a dvd recorder. but that'll be a while.

8. Minion

Minion Senior member

You Can"t stop the Blockyness that is why you should NEVER re-Encode VCD"s to DVD to make a DVD...
    Keep the VCD the way it is and Just resample the VCD"s audio to 48000hz and then author the VCD to DVD....

Re-encodeing a Low resolution VCD file to a High Resolution Standard DVD File will totally ruin any quality the VCD has in the First Place and there is no need to re-encode because VCD"s are allready 100% DVD compliant accept for the audio which needs to be resampled to 48000hz....

9. zerox1

zerox1 Member

oh, thats what I thaught,

perdon me for another question,

how do you resample the audio???

it's probubly a stupid question.

thanks

10. Minion

Minion Senior member

To resample the Audio in the VCD/Mpeg1 file you first have to demux the audio from the Mpeg1 file...
    To do this you run tmpgenc and go to "File" to "Mpeg tools" to "Simple De-Multiplex" and Load the VCD/Mpeg1 file into it and click "Run" and in a few minutes you will have a M1V Video file and a Mpa or Mp2 audio file...

Now take the Mpa/mp2 audio file and load it into Tmpgenc as the Audio source and on the right bottom choose "ES(Audio Only)" ...Now click the "Settings" button and the audio settings screen should pop up...
    In the audio settings choose "Mpeg1 Layer 2" as the "Stream Type" and choose "48000hz" as the Sampleing Frequency" and select "Sterio" as the "Chanell Mode" and then select "384kbs" as the "bitrate" and Put a check marke next to "Error Protection" and then click "OK" at the Bottom and then click "Start" at the top left and in a few minutes you will have a New Mpa or Mp2 audio file...
    Now just load this new audio file and the M1V video file into your DVD Authoring program and add your Menu"s and Chapters and Burn your DVD...You should be able to put anywere from 3 to 5 movies on a single DVD when putting VCD"s on a DVD so you should wait till you have enough VCD"s to fill a DVD.....Cheers

11. camar068

camar068 Member

OK...bear with me guys. I'm tryin to make this easy to read. Also, there will be a post following this clarification about divx2vcd2dvd. So It looks like it goes as follows for multiple vcd to dvd:

1. rename avseq01.dat to.mpg
    2. [bold]mpeg vcr[/bold] into one file or use [bold]tmpgenc[/bold] mpeg tools, merge and cut.....into one file.
    3. [bold]tmpgenc[/bold] mpeg tools, demux into seperate video and audio
    4. [bold]tmpgenc[/bold] load audio file, ES Audio only @44100 or 48000 (whichever works)
    5. [bold]tmpgenc dvd author[/bold] to make chapters for the begining of each movie and to make a menu.
    6. [bold]tmpgenc dvd author[/bold] to burn.

Please reply if this is correct. I dont have [bold]TPMGENC DVD AUTHOR[/bold] yet. I want to make sure this is all correct before I get it. If it's not correct, please feel free to copy and paste and highlight changes.

Last edited: Aug 9, 2004
  12. Minion

Minion Senior member

Yes that is Basicly it accept you Must Resample the Audio to 48000HZ because DVD authoring Programs will not accept audio at 44100hz...

And if you use Tmpgenc to join the VCD files you should check the Joined files to make sure they are in Sync because tmpgenc"s "Merge & Cut" feature can sometimes cause some sync problems on the second half of the Joined file....

Cheers

13. camar068

camar068 Member

Now when you go to burn it...the VCD...will it be MPEG-1 or MPEG-2 on the DVD? Or will it automatically convert it to MPEG-2?

Nevermind. I found the answer to my question here:

http://www.afterdawn.com/guides/archive/vcd_to_dvd-r.cfm

Looks as if some DVD authoring software forces MPEG-2, and some dont. Sorry for this, new to the site. Glad I looked around. Found a lot of good guides.

Camar068

Last edited: Aug 10, 2004