1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Want to Capture Comcast Digital Cable and eventually HD?

Discussion in 'Digital TV - UK & Europe' started by rashid85, Oct 18, 2004.

1. rashid85

rashid85 Guest

I have comcast digital cable and want a tuner/capture card for my pc. I've been reading up on card websites, opinion forumns, and here and like ATI's HD wonder but still don't know what product is the best out there. Anybody have any opinions? Have a brand new computer and plan on buying another hard drive specifically for capturing digital cable. Do I need something that can decode? I've try to split digital cable before but that forces me to watch the same thing on all channels, is there any thing that can split it so I can flip digital cable channels on my computer without having to watch the same thing thats on in the living room? In the not to distant future I plan on buying a plasma tv thats why I want the capabilty of HD. Anybody have Comcast Digital Cable and capture from it?

2. tofuji

tofuji Member

you will not be able to view hd from cable using the hd wonder. ati's hd wonder is only for over-the-air (ota) hdtv.

for digital cable, i would recommend you find something that supports qam. the ones i know of are from sasem & dvico.

even after that, you can only view the unscrambled digital channels, which will be a limited selection, but may include the hd channels.

i have sasem's onair usb hdtv w/ time warner's digital cable, and i get all the local hd channels & the hd discovery channel. the tuner is connected directly to the wall, so i bypass having to use a cable box.

3. williej

williej Regular member

I have Comcast Digital and I can record it ... but I do have the problem of not being able to switch ... a simple solution is ... if the channels are available on analog, you can get a card to switch those channels, but the digital is one I can't seem to crack ... you need the box to change channels.