1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

want to extract the audio(mp3) from a mpeg

Discussion in 'Other video questions' started by diablo, Jul 2, 2003.

1. diablo

diablo Guest

how do i extract just the mp3 audio from a mpeg file, its too large to burn on a cd with other mp3's? what program will take out just the movie part or just take out the mp3 file so i can use it?

thank you

2. Praetor

Praetor Moderator Staff Member

Open 'er up in VDub, set the audio settings to your preferences and then File --> Save Wav. Another way is to use a proggie called MPEG Mediator which I think separates the audio and video components of an MPG file for you.

3. diablo

diablo Guest

i extracted the audio from the video , now i got a .wav file thats mono, i ripped it to an mp3 but its still mono..must have been a mono burn. i guess.. is there a way to cahnge it to stereo or a program ( free) that will convert it to stereo?

thanks for the two programs

4. Praetor

Cant windows sound recorder change it for you? (you do realize that MONO --> STEREO is just LEFT=mono, RIGHT=mono) If not most Wave Programs (i.e., the WAVE file proggie that comes with Creative Soundcards) can ledt you do what you want (just copy the entire segment and paste it onto both the left and right channels)

5. diablo

diablo Guest

i got 85 minutes to burn on an 80 imation cd-r, how can i burn on one cd-r ? i used direct cut and only shaved off a minute by cuting off ends of tracks. still too large..dont want to overburn if its going to ruin cd writer, besides i dont know how to overburn. i got sony cd writer and recordnow max. are there any other tricks or just burn it on two cd's?

thanks

6. Praetor

"Safe, non-overburning ways":
    1. Reencode the audio at a lower bitrate/sampling rate etc
    2. Reencode the video at a lower bitrate or use a different codec.
    3. Use a larger media (90/99 minute CDs)
    If you want to stick to the "safe" ways, try #1 first because you will find out whether or not the overall quality will drop to unacceptable leveks or not in a really short period (<10 minutes). Reencoding video can be a pain in the arse (timewise).

"Not so safe, burning ways":
    1. Your burner should be able to overburn the extra 5 minutes. Not familiar with recordmax but look for an option to "anually set the maximum disc size", "specify overburn". Just remember that when u are overburning it is a safe choice to burn s l o w l y

7. diablo

diablo Guest

i got a section in recordnow max where i can pick an option to overburn in sectors. a box next to that has a default number of 5000 when i pick that option, the number lights up.next to that number is 1:06 -9.77mb. i guess i can change the (5000)number to fit what i need but dont totally understand it yet.
    i also got a option where i can pick use the following blank disk arbitary dimention
    blank dimention in sectors and when i put the bullet dot in the circle to pick that option a default number shows up of 360000 and next to that 80:00 -703.13mb. i can also change the number 360000.

8. Praetor

I'm not fully (nor otherwise) familiar with Recordnow Max but from what you have said you should be able to adjust the 360000 number to whatever is needed to account for the extra 5 minutes. In theory it shouldnt be too big of a deal if you pick too big of a number since you are only burning to a certain point and the drive thus wont try to burn past that point.

Might i suggest you try Nero or CDRWIN/Discjuggler? Much easier to overburn IMHO