1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Want to put a live chat room on band site, any ideas how to do this?

Discussion in 'All other topics' started by Iggy, Oct 3, 2014.

1. Iggy

Iggy Member

Hi, I have a website and quite a few members have suggested that adding a chat room would be a great idea.

I'm searching for something I might be able to integrate well into my site.

Has anyone tried RumbleTalk or C-box?

2. Iggy

Iggy Member

Well, if someone is interested in a chat room for his radio show like me then I become an expert in this field. Here are my experiences with finding the best one for my radio station.

1 - First I needed a chat that can be seen in mobile (all versions) so I narrowed down the search for html5 chat room that look good on both mobile and pc.

2 - I needed a custom design, I needed my background to be black or transparent. This was very hard to find.

3 - I do not like to install the chat in my server as this is high cpu and resource consumer. So I need a chat service.

4 - Lastly, I needed the ability to add youtube videos.

I have checked several chats and only 2 met my needs, RumbleTalk and Cbox.
    I choose RumbleTalk finally as it can be integrated into my page and not only as toolbar.

Since I could not find answers in this forum, then I hope this overview will help someone.

Ketola likes this.
  3. ps355528

ps355528 Active member

don't do mobile stuff.. so no reply from me..

I have one.. pretty much self built but left clean and basic (not everybody had a fast computer back when.. so was as basic as possible.. no pretties).. Basic java applet on a free host.. still works but the auto connect now points to a defunct place (if you know IRC commands you can use it on ANY network/server).. if you want a look at the things AD members were up to 10 years ago it's at..

afterdawnchat.atspace.com

4. Iggy

Iggy Member

Ps355528 thanks for your reply. I found a chat application which suits me the best. It is called Rumbletalk. I honestly think that it is the best html chat room application.

5. ps355528

ps355528 Active member

Good stuff.. it is purely a matter of what you need to do with it. Basic java applets are fine but I think outmoded now.. My site has a bt chatbox thingy.. which seems to work.. at least it hasn't failed in 10 years.. and it's external which is useful on a free hosting

6. Iggy

Iggy Member

Well if it work for you.. =)
    I wanted to show you a demo chat so you can all see how it looks like.

7. Gustavo Woltmann

Gustavo Woltmann Newbie

I have been using Rumbletalk myself. I need to agree with you, that is an amazing application. I usually use it on my webpage, blog and facebook page at the same time, it is synchronizing really well.

Thanks for this great review,

Cheers!

8. Iggy

Iggy Member

Great that you let me know! :) I appreciate it! :)