1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Want to replace my 65" mitsubishi tv

Discussion in 'Televisions' started by Burnzilla, Aug 23, 2004.

1. Burnzilla

Burnzilla Regular member

Hey everyone, Yes i have to projection tv's. Anywho, i've been wanting a wide screen for a few years but want one as big as my 65", just widescreen. Anyone know of any new ones coming out. I'm asking now because i just saw sony's new 70" widescreen hdtv lcd/projection tv and it looks to be getting closer. I read unfortunatley that Intel has now delayed their lcd/projection chip that would have made some of them more afordable. Any suggestions on when the newest latest and greatest will come out and how much it will kill my wallet. Thanks a million everyone:)

2. kcc76

kcc76 Regular member

3. crazymf77

crazymf77 Guest

Don't waste your money buy a xga lcd front projector.
    You can go as big as you want.panasonic has the PT-L500U for under 2 large.I'd like to see you find a 70 inch tv for that price.

4. Burnzilla

Burnzilla Regular member

do projectors equal or surpass the hdtv quality of a lcd/crt tv or plasma tv? How good is the picture compared to dlp and others. Is a projector the best quality picture for the money? I basically want to feature hdtv, my Xbox in hdtv and films in the best quality picture for the best price. Doesn't have to be cheap but it can't be too expensive. I know there's the mitsubishi 84" lcd tv just so they can claim they have it but at $25k, can't do it. Thanks a million everyone:)

5. Molder

Molder Regular member

That's all well and good but what about the cost of replacement bulbs, they have a very short life.

M

6. HALO2XBOX

HALO2XBOX Guest

Replacement bulbs can be bought for around $300.00? I'm looking at the NEC LT240K.. For about $1700
    .00. You can get a screen in HDTV up to 500 Inches!!! With High Lumens BRIGHT. The quality is supposed to be very good, I've checked the ratings on it. Do the research yourself. http://www.projectorcentral.com It's alot smaller then a rear projection TV. I'm willing to fork out $300.00 every couple years. What happens if your warranty goes on a 80 INCH 25,000 Flat Screen? Or Rear projection for $8000.00? The NEC LT 240K comes with a 2 Year Warranty. Can you take your Rear Projection to your friends house and play HALO 2 or watch a movie on the side of a barn like a drive in? Of course the farther you strech the image the worse the quality will become, I don't have it yet, but I've done alot of research. If it throws an image up to 500 inches and you go 120 inches with it. The quality should be amazing. Just go to Projector Central.com and check the ratings on this thing and read some reviews on projectors. But I don't think you'll find better for the money.. Yes I've also compared the Infocus-X1. It's cheaper then the NEC LT240K so the quality will not be as good. But for $900.00 that's a far better deal then buying a 6,000 - 20,000 big screen tv. Add up the savings and you can buy alot of BULBS@@... Those tvs won't last long enough to make up for that kind of money! Any qestions feel free to ask.. I'm getting my projector within the next couple of weeks!!!! :)

TTYL, Troy

7. Molder

Molder Regular member

Halo2xbox,
    Dude if you get a couple of years out of a globe/bulb, I want some!! They are rated in hours, they are not designed to watch TV though, the globes/bulbs don't last long enough, they were originally designed for power point presentations and have evoled from there, they are for your home theatre, you watch a movie or two a day.

Have a closer look at the globe/bulb specs. The more lumens the more they cost. I'm not saying don't buy one just be aware of the on going cost, I had one that I used for power point presentations, I found it the second most unreliable piece of equipement in the office, straight after the photocopier.

M

M

8. ATIROCKS

ATIROCKS Regular member

If your looking for a projector for hometheatre and gaming its best to get one with a lower lumens count. A lower lumen count is better b/c the more contrast you will receive, therefore making the picture more clean and crisp.

9. HALO2XBOX

HALO2XBOX Guest

Lower Lumens means it HAS to be DARKER to play anything on that projector. The contrast ratio is just as good on the NEC LT240K. Go to http://www.projectorcentral.com and see for your self. THESE PROJECTORS ARE RATED BY PEOPLE THAT KNOW ALOT ABOUT PROJECTORS. It got a score of 4.7 out of 5 . Yes these projectors have an hour monitor right on them. The one I'm looking at allows 3,000 hours of bulb life, you could watch tv with this projector for four months without shutting it off and that would come out to 2,688 HRS. If you were to watch it 7 days a week 6 HRS per day that would be 2,016 for a whole year. I figure at the rated bulb life mine would last me around two years, unless of course it's that much fun to watch then I'd have to replace it every year. But what the heck I saved money not spending the 20,000 on a PLASMA. True you probably wouldn't want to watch regular tv on it all day long. I will probably use it a couple times a week for movies and gaming. Anyways if I don't like it I could always re-sell it for 1200 or 1300 down the road some where.

TTYL, Troy