1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Want to restore your Microsoft Dashboard to it's Retail State? Read Inside.

Discussion in 'Xbox - Software discussion' started by Mik3h, Sep 28, 2006.

1. jarhead29

jarhead29 Member

That dashboard is the latest. (5960)

I need 4920. This linux stuff is being very difficult. haha

if anyone has any idea where i can get that, lemme know.
    OR
    if anyone can help me get slayers evox installer v2.5 lemme know too. it has to be v2.5 because it contains the 4920 dash that i need.

thank you.

2. Mik3h

Mik3h Regular member

Yeah that's right, you'll find the link to the retail MS dash on the first page. Thanks.

3. Jerrid75

Jerrid75 Member

How do i find the xboxdash folder in FlashFXP? i can in my computer search but i cant figure out where the folder is in FlashFXP. Help plz :D

4. Jerrid75

Jerrid75 Member

Nvm found it. THANK YOU FOR THIS TUTORIAL!!!! me and my bro in law spent 2 hours trying to set it up. You are the best person in the ****ing world!!!! <3

5. Jerrid75

Jerrid75 Member

awwww dammit. i dont think it went to well. I now get the 21servicereq screen as soon as the xbox boots..........T_T looks like i might need a new xbox T_T

6. Jerrid75

Jerrid75 Member

srsly.....Im so sad i want to cry..... T_T and im 12 btw T_T

7. JayRoc78

JayRoc78 Member

Ok, here is the problem. I get an error 21 when ever I boot up my xbox. I can run games just fine if I have a game in the console but I can't access my dashboard. What can I do to fix this?

8. Mik3h

Mik3h Regular member

FTP the stock ms dash over to the C partition.

9. superbilski

superbilski Member

Hey, I have a question. Im trying to set up my softmodded xbox to play music while im gaming. Its modded with Ndure UnleashX. In order to FTP music to the xbox and it work you need to upload it to the correct directory and also modify a Database file (st.db). There is a program out there that I found where I can do this. When I run this program I get an index error, this is due to there being no playlists created yet within the MS Dash. When I load my MS Dash and attempt to rip a c.d and create a playlist, I get an error " You have exceeded the maxium number of playists of 100" or something similar. There are no playlists there at all but MS Dash thinks there is. I found out that this is due to me updating my Dash to D:5960.

My Question is this !! :)

If I take the link you have to the Dash listed above and replace my current dash via FTP, will it work??? Will it affect my Modd? Figured with your experience you may have the answer

Thanks

Bill