1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Want to restore your Microsoft Dashboard to it's Retail State? Read Inside.

Discussion in 'Xbox - Software discussion' started by Mik3h, Sep 28, 2006.

1. smash22

smash22 Regular member

What method should i try to restore my xbox to retail if i have a mod chip in it. The mod chip was put in by a friend, but it moves around too much and powers down. I wanted to restore the xbox to retail then soft mod it to play my backups. Thanks for the help

Also can i restore it back to retail using slayers 2.7, but my xbox was modded using 2.6

Last edited: Apr 15, 2007
  2. careyt

careyt Guest

hey back with another 'brain scratcher'. Say if i deleted the dash board, and tried to put a newer up to date one in, but i was on the dash that i was deleting and now i cant ftp, or i dont have the gamesave on the box, what do i do?

3. adslalng

adslalng Guest

Hey! can not down MS Dash board form this site???

4. careyt

careyt Guest

If you want a fresh MS Dash man, just look at the different torrent web sites, such as torrentz.com or watever, just look around, youl find it, search fresh ms dash on google.ca

Hoped i helped,
    Carey Thibodeau

5. Mik3h

Mik3h Regular member

The link is still up and working, go back to the first page, and there is a link to it.

-Mike

6. adslalng

adslalng Guest

Thanks but have other problem. have issues with Pc, won't boot past memory test after disconnecting IDE from TheReturns Tut...any ideas

7. c00000l

c00000l Guest

LINK DOESNT WORK FOR XBD

8. Mik3h

Mik3h Regular member

Tested and working.

-Mike

9. Heels1

Heels1 Member

Ok, so I am pretty new to this whole modding thing. I did mod my xbox with UnleashX but made the mistake of letting my brother use it. He must have formatted the drives because everything is gone off of my xbox. All the game savesm the original ms dashboard, and my softmod. What can I do to fix this? I just bought a new Maxtor Diamond Max Plus 160 GB hd that I was gonna install but never got the chance. Can I just format this new drive and install a soft mod using my computer, then put it in my xbox? Help please!!

10. Mik3h

Mik3h Regular member

Only if you have the original EEPROM, did you FTP it to your PC? My guess is that you didn't.

I think your only choice here is hotswapping, and without the EEPROM I'm not sure if you can do that. Look on the first page for the link to "TheReturn's" hotswap thread and ask in that thread.

-Mike

11. Heels1

Heels1 Member

Ok, so here is my situation. When I power on my xbox, it freezes at the logo screen. I can play games or movies but have to load the disk and then restart the box to get the disk to load. Everything else is fine with the xbox just no ms dashboard. Is there some way I could create a disk with the original ms dash and simply load the cd and then reboot to run the cd?

12. Mik3h

Mik3h Regular member

Unless you can launch backups, then no. If you still have softmod game saves, then simply launch the trigger game and re-install the softmod and MS dash, otherwise your best bet is a modchip. How did you delete the MS dash..?

-Mike

13. EpicNinja

EpicNinja Guest

Well, Here is my problem. My MS Dash works and My Unleashed X Dash works.....Only problem is Live doesn't work. I've been trying to unlock My x-box using Config Magix... But my version is 1.3 not 1.0 or 1.1, I'm just trying to uninstall all the mods and go back to default settings. I have a backed up eeprom.bin but I cannot figure out how to fix it.

14. skated92

skated92 Member

what if the xbox doesnt go to the dash or anythign just straight to the error nothing shows not even the white microsoft logo

15. Evyil

Evyil Member

ok i have np w/ the tut but i no longer have the games saves on my xbox...and i cant get to the dash to load them from my action replay...wat do i do???
    plz help

16. Evyil

Evyil Member

ok guys i did a stupid thing...i had ftp pulled up and my xbox is/was connected....i was looking through the c drive and i saw msdash.exe and i thought hey if i put that in the backup folder itll be backedup...i put it there and i rebooted my box and now the first thing that pops up is the screen w/ 40 dif languages and the light is flashing from green/red....ne help?

17. azzidrain

azzidrain Regular member

Can you still play games? (I'm assuming you softmodded) If you can, download and put in AID3.1 (or 4.0, but I think it's a little buggy, I don't remember anymore), and then install your MSDASH.

18. slimjim59

slimjim59 Member

wat if the linux file doesnt pop up when i go to start game linux checkpoints

19. Guitrhero

Guitrhero Member

hello all,i seem to be having the same problem as everyone else...during the softmod process i got a batch process error and have since been unable to restore my system to the original dashboard.

I can still play games and i am able to get to the softmod screen using Splinter Cell but i cant set up an ftp,so ive burnt the Ms dashboard files to a data dvd but how exactly do i put the disk in without the xbox resetting ?as this is what happens everytime.

Any help would be great
    Cheers.

20. jkl

jkl Regular member

hey mike long time no c...anyways, i know that this must be getting old however "I got a problem..." and actually it doesn't entirely fit in here but i'll ask anyways, right now i have my original xbox hdd (cant format it (it was used in my computer and has other crap on it that i cant delete and my pc thinks im linking to it somehow?) neways i also have my modded xbox hdd with 160 gig. buti'm trying to get the original xboxhdd to well boot up retail. but i can't get hddmaker to work(bad download/doesn't boot(might need a tut on that 2)) so i was wondering if u could help.

thanks in advance,
    jkl