1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Want to restore your Microsoft Dashboard to it's Retail State? Read Inside.

Discussion in 'Xbox - Software discussion' started by Mik3h, Sep 28, 2006.

1. xLoGiK1

xLoGiK1 Member

alright, I know im late on this whole thing. But I soft modded my xbox a long time ago and was never able to Restore my MS dash. I used 007: AUF and ran Linux. Then the Blue Dashboard came up, which includes all of these options: Create MS Backup, Resotre MS Backup, Create Mod Backup, Restore Modbackup, Install Softmod, Install Evox, Install Unleash X, and etc. Let me remind you that I did this a long time ago, but yeah right now i'm currently running on the Unleash X Dashboard (Blue Dashboard, includes: Launch DVD, Emulators, Applications, System Settings, Skins, and etc.) Anyway, I tried your tut, I put in my 007 disk ran Linux and the Blue Dashboard came up again, but the only way that I was able to access my Xbox IP was by Installing Unleash X again when the Blue Dashboard came up, because there is no Temporary IP when I loaded Linux from my 007 Game Save. After all this was done, I FTPed my xbox, I did exactly what it said in the Tut. I transfered the Original MS Dash Files and to the C Folder of my xbox, then I Turned of my xbox and Turned it back on and I got Error 21. So, I put back in my 007 ran Linux again and put the Modded Dashboard back on. Can anyone help me with this problem? Or am I doing anything wrong? Help is appreciated, Thanks.

2. xLoGiK1

xLoGiK1 Member

Hmm so yeah, Can anyone help me please?

3. Mik3h

Mik3h Regular member

I'll help you as soon as I get back from school today.

4. xLoGiK1

xLoGiK1 Member

Alright man, Thanks.

5. Mik3h

Mik3h Regular member

Can you still boot up games and bypass the error screen? If so id recommend installing a dual boot softmod because from reading your post I'm not sure that you installed a dual boot softmod which I think every softmod should be. I can send you the files you need to put on the memory card if you dont already have them. Just be sure to re-softmod it with a dual boot softmod eject = retail.

What I'd probably do first though is, remember that MS backup you made? Try restoring if, if then all is good, go for re-softmodding it, make sure you install a dual boot softmod though.

jkl - I think you will have to format it before you put it in your Xbox. Can't you format it in another PC?

Guitrhero - You can use Xbox Media Centre to transfer files to and from a DVD disc. If you need links to XBMC then PM me.

slimjim59 - If the gamesaves are on the memory card, then selecting the checkpoints option will take you to the softmod installer.

6. xLoGiK1

xLoGiK1 Member

Well yeah can you send me the Dual boot Softmod File please?

AIM= xLoGiK1

7. xLoGiK1

xLoGiK1 Member

Wait, also how would I copy the Dual Boot Softmod file to the Hardrive of my Xbox if I can't access the original MS Dash?

8. Mik3h

Mik3h Regular member

Well you could put the MSDash on a data DVD. And launch Xbox Media Center and run "xboxdash.xbe" and then do what you would normally do to transfer over game save files from your PC to Xbox.

If this is inconvenient or you can't do this, there is a program called Xbox Save Manager and works like an FTP program, meaning your must be able to connect your PC to your Xbox and send over files through FTP (file transfer protocol) while you are on your modded dashboard which I think you said was UnleashX. Either way your gonna need to get the save game files or The save manager program or both.

PM me your email and let me know what you need. And remember to mention whether it's the PAL or NTSC game saves you need.

9. xLoGiK1

xLoGiK1 Member

Hey mik3h I PMed you, Read it when you get a chance because I explained everything to you in detail again, Thanks.

10. slimmy

slimmy Member

Good Guide! :)

11. slowkill

slowkill Member

Hello,
    it is possible to unrar the file -> ms-dash-mik3h.rar
    and burn it on a cd-rw and boot it from the xbox?

also how could i ftp into my xbox if i dont have a modified dash?

I recently purchaed a 25ft crossover cable to be able to connect to xbox though ftp,
    im using flashfxp and a roadrunner modem. i dont have a updated dashboard either just the msdash
    everytime i try to do a softmod using splintercell and action replay saves i keep getting a black screen or a error 21 screen.

also I have the files from Krayzie Ndure Installer and SID 4.0 Nknave

neither one works, im using action replay considering its the only memory card i have and own.

alot of them just goes to a blank black screen while other produce a error 21 screen.

any help is greatly appreciated.

12. Mik3h

Mik3h Regular member

Probably won't work on a CD, so you'll have to put it on a DVD-R.

Also make sure that you are using PAL saves for PAL games and vice versa with NTSC. Also make sure you are NOT using the platinum/classic edition of the game, use the original version of the game.

Also a temporary FTP link is opened once the SID installer is loaded.

Last edited: Nov 16, 2007
  13. slowkill

slowkill Member

Thanks Mik3h,

whats the best program to burn the files and should i make it as a data dvd?
    also wheres a good place to get the splinter cell saves, most files are corrupt at codejunkies.com

thanks alot for your help im gonna try that dvd method soon.

14. slowkill

slowkill Member

also do i burn the ms-c folder or open it and burn everything inside that folder?
    sorry for so many questions im new to all this.

15. slowkill

slowkill Member

hey mik3h,
    i opened the ms-c folder and burned everything in that folder on a dvd-r and it still wont read or understand the disk, any help or suggestions?

thanks in advance

16. slowkill

slowkill Member

BUMP!!!!!

17. Mik3h

Mik3h Regular member

Sorry, been at school all day..

Use a good quality data disc. Verbatim/Taiyo Yuden or something, poor quality DVD-Rs will not work well with the Xbox.

Once you've done that, use the file explorer in XBMC or on your dashboard or on another file explorer app. And then simply copy over the contents of the RAR file over to the C partition.

18. LOCOENG

LOCOENG Moderator Staff Member

slowkill

bumping is not allowed, edit your post when it is the last one in a thread.

19. slowkill

slowkill Member

sorry about that LOCOENG,
    thats ok Mik3h,
    far as dvd discs i use nothing but Verbatims,
    i burnt the content of ms-c folder and nothing happened,
    i have also tried to update my dash using live online enabled games,
    splinter cell original, nfl 25k, burnout revenge, and blitz the league,
    none of them didnt update my dash any other suggestions?
    also should i burn the dvd as a data disc or as a raw image?
    and whats the best software to burn it with ?

thanks

20. Mik3h

Mik3h Regular member

It should be burned as a Data DVD, and then uise a file explorer application on our Xbox (some dashboards already have this) then copy the contents over to the C folder. If you can't access this, then let me know I'll help you get a file explorer tool on your XB.