1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Want to restore your Microsoft Dashboard to it's Retail State? Read Inside.

Discussion in 'Xbox - Software discussion' started by Mik3h, Sep 28, 2006.

1. slowkill

slowkill Member

thanks Mik3h,

Hello,
    well i dont know what to do, i used this method to unlock my hdd
    http://www.llamma.com/xbox/Unlocking Seagate Xbox Hard Drive.htm
    it did unlock my hdd and i installed a fresh copy of C to partition 3 from your dash.

i dont know what or how to get my EEPROM.bin or where its located,
    any help is greatly helpful all i need to do now is relock my hdd then hopefully it'll work.

*crosses fingers*

thanks in advance

2. Mik3h

Mik3h Regular member

I don't think you had to unlock the drive. You can do it with a file explorer like I mentioned previously. Try re-locking and let me know how you get on.

3. slowkill

slowkill Member

thanks mik3h,
    thats just it though i dont know how to relock the drive, and i dont know where my eeprom.bin is located,

can you add me to msn messenger??
    blackwinterday1@msn.com

thanks man

4. Name0

Name0 Member

Ok so my friend gave me a modded xbox i modded halo 2 before every thing was fine and my xbox broke later.

So i was trying to take off the mod on the xbox when i took it off when i start my xbox nothing comes up so i reinstaled the mod and put in the ms dash bored i can see it now only with the mod when ever i take the mod off i cant see it. The e drive was full of all mod stuff so i tried to delete the e drive i backed the stuff up. but i cant put it back on and the spilnter cell disk works still but no linux file any more...

Can some one help me?

Or am i fucked?

5. trav_555

trav_555 Member

hey mate, my xbox still runs evox, but it no longer runs ms dash, nd when ii ftp, theres nothing in c and i cant put anything in c

please help

6. ssbs

ssbs Member

i tried to softmod my xbox and i get error 5 then i get passed that and then i get error 16 i cant ftp in to my xbox can you pm me with more help with the 2 method

7. Mik3h

Mik3h Regular member

name0 - You'll have to find a way of putting the splinter cell file on. If you can load the modded dash, you can download a tool called - "XBSM - Xbox Save Manager" which lets you connect to your Xbox and transfer save files, which you could do with the splinter cell file. Otherwise youll need to get action replay with the memory card or something an find a way to transfer the game save on.

trav_555 - What do you mean when you FTP it doesn't let you transfer files? Are you sure you are connectd? What FTP software are you using?

ssbs - You have two choices. Either - -Get a friend with a modded xbox.
    -Unlock his hdd with eeprom management from a slayer evo-x cd.
    -Than, place his hdd in your xbox.
    -Boot with your chip on.
    -Now the xbox DOES find a dashboard when you boot in original mode and you can set the time in the msdashboard clock settings.
    -Shut off xbox and remove your friends hdd
    -PLace his hdd back in his xbox and lock it again
    -Install your hdd
    -(clock has been set) So boot up with slayer cd.
    -Install normally whatever you wanna install
    -lock hdd

ie. You have a modchip Which will not boot your friends xbox (1.3) - Prepare the boot CD with the required setup to flash your friends modchip with the 4979 bios. Make damned sure you know what you are doing here as if you mess it up you may have just messed up your friends xbox. Assuming this first flash went ok, remove the chip from your friends xbox, insert it into your own and boot to the same CD. FTP into the xbox and repair/replace the dashboard files. Sometimes if you cannot get the dash to work, but you have a backup at another location it may get a little more complicated. (it did for me) In this case you need to be able to boot at another location but your friend will obviously not let you keep his modchip indefinitely. In this case after booting your PC with your friends modchip, you hotswap the chip with your own and flash your chip. Your chip will not boot your xbox from a CD.

B. Your modchip can boot your friends xbox. Insert your chip into friends PC, boot to CD, flash modchip. Insert modchip back into your xbox, boot to CD and FTP into the xbox to repair/replace the dashboard files.

Or, if you are using the modchip, this should let you bypass the Xbox bios, with the chip's own. But are you using a softmod?

8. ssbs

ssbs Member

ty how to you think it wood work if i put the ms dash files on the hdd with explorer 360 and i dont have e backup i have herd that they are not that big of a thing

9. Mik3h

Mik3h Regular member

If you haven't already tried it, then yes, trying putting the dashboard files and using a file explorer to transfer them to the C drive.

10. ssbs

ssbs Member

i did but im runing vista and win i opend 360 it stoped working i have used all the file explorers i can find but they all stop working or cant find fatx drive and the hard drive is unlock i used my frends computer that is runing xp and ran fatxexlorer it opend the drive and then stoped working to so im out of ideas. if some one has a suggestions please post it.

thank you all for the help

11. Sci4711

Sci4711 Guest

2 issues one the differcnce seen here:

[​IMG]

and well i cant get to my c drive in ANY other dashboard other than the SID menuread here and cant get to the ms dashboard in UX,XBMC and Evox

Will this still help me?

Last edited by a moderator: Jan 17, 2008
  12. nlkjg

nlkjg Member

your link to your dashboard is down

13. varnull

varnull Guest

There is a lot of junk on your C drive which plain and simple shouldn't be there. And a load of stuff which should be there is missing.

I would restore a factory dash and softmod again.

Mike.. is that a factory set of dash files there??

Last edited by a moderator: Jan 29, 2008
  14. Mik3h

Mik3h Regular member

Yep, sure is :)

15. Disiple

Disiple Member

Hi,

So I am having a pretty similar issue here too. I was trying to soft mod my box with AID v4.20 and was getting error after error after error. At last I began the process over by formatting the drive. Re installed and got another error, so I gave up with that and was going to do it on my own through evox's update. I told AID to restore my MS dash, it did something and now the soft mod is gone, and I have no dash. All I get is the error screen. I can load a game, I tried reloading the game save which I still have on the card, but when i do I get the error screen. I don't know if my dash is out of date which was a problem in the beginning even though I updated it. I tried getting on live but also no luck there it would not connect. Do you have any suggestions? Thanks

16. Mik3h

Mik3h Regular member

17. Disiple

Disiple Member

Ya I realized that it was because I had formatted but after I had I used AID v4.20 to reinstall the MS dash which it said it did, but didn't. It didn't do anything for me, as far as I am concerned that whole App/Installer sucked. But anyways...

I did a hotswap yesterday and it did work. I used another tutorial that involved unplugging the xbox's cd rom drive to unlock it and then used xboxhdm to rebuild the xbox drive from my pc. Since then I have re-soft modded without AID and have had no problems.

This is pretty much the tutorial I used. He wrote a more indepth one, but I cant find it. If you want to check it out, here's the link:

http://www.xbox-hq.com/html/postt7728.html

Thanks

Last edited: Apr 2, 2008
  18. GrabAndGo

GrabAndGo Member

Hello, I am getting the error 21 when I try to install my softmod. But it doesnt continue after I turn the xbox off. It still loads my MS dashboard fine, and plays games, but it continually gives me the error 21 only when I try to install the softmod.

Should I restore my MS Dashboard to retail state? Its currently on the most up to date version.

19. Mik3h

Mik3h Regular member

Yes, I'd probably give it a try. What version of softmod installer deluxe are you using to install it?

20. GrabAndGo

GrabAndGo Member

Well, actually. I went a whole different route, and have used the awesome hotswap method and tut. on here, and have full and successfully fixed and repaired my xbox hd, and then I copied my buddies C and E drive over. My box is fully softmodded now, thanks a ton to you guys at afterdawn. WOOT!