1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Want to start burning blu-rays where to start?

Discussion in 'Blu-ray players' started by gabelewis, Dec 24, 2010.

1. gabelewis

gabelewis Member

First off. Let me say that I am a novice dvd author. I can do some basic stuff pretty easily and I am getting better every time out. I really just need to know where to start looking for a quad core laptop with a built in blu-ray burner. How much can I expect to pay? I also wondered about external blu-ray burners. What do I need to be able to use one? Thanks in advance for any help. Obviously I am kind of a dummy.

2. cradlecity

cradlecity Member

I just bought an external blu ray burner for my macbook that works great from owc for just over 200, but you can find decently priced ones on ebay. you just have to make sure they say that they burn blu rays. some will advertise something like "blu ray drive/ DVD burner" something like this most likely only burns DVDs but an read blu rays. I just got my burner yesterday, so i am still researching a lot, and have yet to burn a movie, but i am learning. I have a bunch of MKVs that are 11+ GB that i want to burn to blu rays. I have Toast 10 Titanium and the HD plug in, but it still wont work with MKVs. I also have VMware Fusion and Windows 7 on my macbook, so if anyone has any words of advice, please help. I either need to convert all the MKVs to a file Toast understands, or download a different program to burn Blu Rays with. How can i do this if i want to keep the full HD quality?