1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

want to use palm as remote control / display for hi fi pc /

Discussion in 'Home Theater PC' started by bengo, Dec 5, 2005.

1. bengo

bengo Member

Hi anyone, as title suggests I want to use a PC for Hi Fi source playing Exact audio copy WAVs in place of CDs. In itself no problem but, I want the PC to be a server out of sight and earshot, I also dont want to have a screen, keyboard and mouse cluttering things up.
    I read somewhere of someone using a Palm T5 with bluetooth as screen and full feature remote control of their audio PC but in my hurry to read more, lost track of that mail / post so I can't contact the fella to find out how its done. Help please!

PS my apologies for first accidentally listing this in DVD ripping, Doh!

2. vurbal

vurbal Administrator Staff Member

I know this is somewhat of an old thread, but I'm going to move it to the HTPC forum since that's the best place to get help with this sort of question.

I used to have a Palm (actually a Sony Clie) and I remember running across a program that would turn it into a programmable remote. IIRC that program only used infrared, but I'm sure there must be something equivalent for bluetooth and a PC.

3. bengo

bengo Member

Thankyou, I've since come across Pocketwerks vinyl which is very nearly just what I wanted but not exactly. Any info about another wireless server control from PDA would be much appreciated.
    Cheers, Ian

4. seamonkey

seamonkey Regular member

you could also try running Browseamp plugin for Winamp which allows you to make a webpage based control page and then access the page via your Palm (given you have a wifi card, connection; not sure if BT works like this..) and then be able to change music via winamp in it..

i've created template for browseamp that works on a PSP screen or a cellphone wap version too...

get it over here..
    http://seamonkey420.tech-recipes.com in the PSP > Control Winamp w/PSP Guide...

peace