1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

warning dont pull power plug out too quickly

Discussion in 'Digital TV - United States & Canada' started by zappp64, Feb 25, 2007.

1. zappp64

zappp64 Regular member

just a bit of warning advise, last night mate of mine dbox was playing up so I said let me swap it out with mine that works with no problems, pulled the plug out too fast and when I got to his place it wouldnt boot up.. went as far as loading Neutrino on lcd then rebooted again and this went on for an infinte loop.

a reflash using IFA fixed

point is, obviously me pulling the power plug out very quicly caused some problem and damaged the image on the flash chips.. so just some advise to others....

2. chaggy

chaggy Regular member

Thanks for that mate will try and remember in the future.

Regards

Chaggy

3. benifa

benifa Regular member

How funny - exactly the same thing happened to me last night! I'm addicted (how sad) to trying out all sorts of different images on my Nokia, (still fascinated as to why some images just don't return as many channels as my trusty Sportster 1.7+ UK05, but that's another story)..

Anyway, last night I unplugged too early and got the same symptoms as Zap describes..

Still, reflashing with IFA always does the job..

4. zappp64

zappp64 Regular member

mine was a sgame box

how bizzarre - as I say you live and learn

5. sidders

sidders Member

Same as me!!! Trusty Sportster 1.7+UK05!!! I still keep trying others though!!! I have a Sagem 2x BTW

6. sidders

sidders Member

Same as me!!! Trusty Sportster 1.7+UK05!!! I still keep trying others though!!! I have a Sagem 2x BTW

7. zappp64

zappp64 Regular member

I find on a Sagem 1x Pacino 2 with MgCamd is very stable indeed, never freezes - however I did unplug the modem and smart card connections from the motherboard.