1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Warning -Never try and get a DBox fixed via this site

Discussion in 'Digital TV - United States & Canada' started by tracie212, Feb 25, 2007.

1. dc69

dc69 Regular member

k

Last edited: Feb 25, 2007
  2. tracie212

tracie212 Guest

Just to explain that my message was a serious one. My Sagem has been giving me lots of trouble today. Freezing every 85 secs

3. Fekker

Fekker Regular member

It never ceases to amaze me how people never take responsibility for their own actions. The box was NOT working properly, advice was given freely on a known cure. Changing a setting on a piece of software cannot possibly "break" the DBox, the worst scenario is a reflash. If this box is really broken then it is not the fault of Zappp64, is was an existing issue that finally got worse, it was bound to happen! Zappp64 you are being conned hook line & sinker by someone who needs to look for someone to blame, and you are it! Withdraw the offer to reflash the box, pay for replacement??? No chance! This whole episode smells too fishy for me.

Tracie, if you are there I and others would like to be proved wrong.

4. tracie212

tracie212 Guest

Fekker
    I am not blaming or duping Zapppp64 who is a wonderful person. What we both find so frustrating is that I, a young girl with no PC experience, have been given a box that is not working properly. It lasts85 seconds and then the picture freezes. Now I can't even get it to come on at all-It stops when COMMANDER WOD 6 appears on screen? Have I been sold a load of rubbish?

5. benifa

benifa Regular member

Tracie, to confirm, have you tried flashing using IFA or not?

Last edited: Feb 25, 2007
  6. mgb17

mgb17 Regular member

You simply have to reflash the box.
    If you don't own pc experience and you are not willing to learn you shouldn't buy such devices.

7. zappp64

zappp64 Regular member

she hasnt, as one of me suggestions was to try the new commando 7.5 image or even the Pacino one which seems to be more stable on sagem box's

8. tracie212

tracie212 Guest

Hi Benifa
    Zappp64 tried explaining that to me but I don't know how to do it anyway LOL He thinks my image- COMMANDER 6 WOD- is wrong and I need something like Pacino 2 or sporster but I don't know what that means LOL
    I just cannot comprehend how the box cabn work for several hours and then give me all this trouble

9. Fekker

Fekker Regular member

Thanks for replying, the box needs a reflash, the image is corrupt, the box isn't broken.

10. tracie212

tracie212 Guest

Hi Benifa
    Zappp64 tried explaining that to me but I don't know how to do it anyway LOL He thinks my image- COMMANDER 6 WOD- is wrong and I need something like Pacino 2 or sporster but I don't know what that means LOL
    I just cannot comprehend how the box cabn work for several hours and then give me all this trouble

11. benifa

benifa Regular member

Tracie - you sound like one of my customers who say "my broadband has been working fine for months and I can't understand why it's suddenly broken" - lol..

Unfortunately, it happens. Especially with cable TV systems which rely on frequently changing keys..

What everyone is telling you is true - you do need to flash another image. It's often trial and error as to which image works best for you. For me, a certain Sportster image has always worked very well. Others say the same about Commando images, and so forth..

Flash a new image, using IFA, and see how you get on..

12. benifa

benifa Regular member

PS, fair play in getting your thread into a 2-pager so quickly ;)

(lol & tongue firmly in cheek)

;)

13. scruff666

scruff666 Member

Several hours or 85 seconds ?.

It is not possible to break a box by swapping ucodes the worse you will get is a waiting for time error.

You can get the box to lock on bootup by selecting avia500 or avia600 in error but to be honest the function for this hasn't been working for ages on most images made wihin the last year anyway so anyone that says it makes a difference is living in cloud cuckoo land and it is down to the power of suggestion.

To be honest tracie if you follow the help people give you then you will be amazed at how easy it can be, we all started knowing nothing (I havn't got any better :) ) but if you do it 1 stage at a time you will be smiling within a couple of days.

14. Timoweb

Timoweb Member

Well sell the box on ebay!

Tell the truth about it working for a bit then going off and i am sure you will get a good price for it. Not £200 but who ever sold it to you for that saw you coming, i have never heard of a box going for that much. Should sell for just over £120 mark.

You need to reflash your box from time to time to make it run perfect and if you can't do it and can't learn how to do it cut your losses and sell it now because dbox2's are claming a high price on ebay at the minute.