1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Watch avi,mpeg,divx as data dvd

Discussion in 'DivX / XviD' started by WC34, Jan 28, 2007.

1. WC34

WC34 Member

I have recently been putting avi, mpeg, divx, xvid, etc. files on to a dvd in a data dvd format to play on my stand alone dvd player and I can just view them as files and play them. Now, most/some of the video files will run smooth and fine, but others will be real stuttery or jolty, although not really skipping though, just very un-smooth. Now all the files that are running bad, they run just fine when I view them on my PC, but once in my stand alone DVD player, they have the stutteriness mentioned above. Any ideas? Is there a reason that this would happen and is there a way to fix it? Thanks for any help.

2. mistycat

mistycat Active member

Could be burn speed or media. If this applies, try 4x or 1/2 the rated speed of the media is a good rule. For media, Taiyo Yuden, Verbatim or any made in Japan. Here's a guide to look over: http://www.digitalfaq.com/media/dvdmedia.htm

3. shaneyb44

shaneyb44 Member

whats wrong when the sound is great but no picture

4. mistycat

mistycat Active member

Sounds like a codec issue. Download G Spot and open your file in it. It will show whether you have it or which you need but that only applies if video won't show on your pc. Maybe, check your DVD player or TV settings. A repost of that issue should return more replies; I'm only guessing.