1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Watch PC based DVD movie on TV

Discussion in 'Televisions' started by bups, Aug 23, 2005.

1. bups

bups Guest

I have used my S-Video connections to use my TV as a remote PC screen.
    Works fine for Windows based graphics such as Desktop and Winamp.
    However no picture when playing DVD - only the controls buttons show up on the TV screen - the rest of the screen is blank (light purple).
    I need help please.
    Thanks
    Bups

2. day

day Guest

sorry not much help with you're problem.
    But you might be able to help me.
    I'm trying to hook up my plasma tv to my pc to watch divx movies.
    i have tv out but can't get it to work.
    I have tried the cables various ways with no look.
    do you no if and how to enable the tv out on my pc.

any help will be much appreciated.
    thanks. Dave C

3. diabolos

diabolos Guest

4. day

day Guest

Thanks For you're reply but thats a bit ££££££££.

5. dkbaked

dkbaked Guest

What type of video card are you using?

6. dkbaked

dkbaked Guest

You might try right clicking your desktop and select properties. Then select settings, then select advanced. You should see a tab for your video card. Click the tab and then search for an area to change your tv-out for your tv. You may need to do some adjustments to enable either a split screen(monitor and tv viewing at the same time), or a single view for your tv only. As far as watching movies and such you have to adjust the settings for the video card to match your tv settings such as NTSC, PAL and so on. That is why you see most of the screen but not any playing graphics like movies. It may take some trial and error but eventually you can get it to work. Hope this helps a little. I had the same problem and it took forever for me to figure out.