1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

watching DVDs thru tv from computer

Discussion in 'DVDR' started by rohbo, Nov 7, 2003.

1. rohbo

rohbo Member

hi, i use my computer as my dvd player and the tv as the screen. up untill recnetly this worked fine.

the then upgraded to power dvd 5 and now nothing appears when the movie plays. i can still see my desktop and everything else on the tc screen, but nothing of the dvd shows. i tried windows media player and the same issue, where the dvd should be is blank, although it was playing fine on the computer monitor.

anyway know of a tweak that will fix it up. im think something that power dvd installed, possible a copy protection thing to stop people dubbing dvds onto VHS. anyway around it?

cheers

2. #afonic

#afonic Regular member

Well first of all try updating your display drivers. If that doesn't work I suggest you try a small prog called TVTool which let's you set every setting about your TV. I use it with my nVidia and it is way better than nVidia's nView. It also removes Macrovision if this is your problem. http://www.tvtool.info

3. koola

koola Guest

Yep, sounds like Macrovision! Hate this protection.