1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Water Cooled Xbox?

Discussion in 'Xbox - Hardware mods' started by TravDude, Feb 6, 2008.

1. TravDude

TravDude Member

Greetings,

I was wondering if anyone has ever attempted to create a water cooled xbox. I haven't seen any pc kits that just happen to fit the xbox's cpu or anything like that. I'd imagine a hdd cooler would fit. But, is it possible to buy some pc components that are similar and mod them slightly to fit the xbox? I'm curious because I use mine on a lot of road trips where it gets really hot, and the 12v fan mod just won't cut it.

2. yimmmy

yimmmy Regular member

you can do it but youll have to do a lot of cutting and replacing but its not really worth it just add a case fan or two depeing on what v. u have

3. TravDude

TravDude Member

My xbox is a v1.0. In your opinion is adding a second fan, or doing the 12v fan mod, the most effective way to go about this?

4. varnull

varnull Guest

Yeah it was done to a 360 about 2 months after release, and I remember quite a few people living in hot countries doing it a few years back.. check llamma..

The xbox cpu is a (nearly)normal coppermine 766 cpu, so any p3 cooling kit will work, but you will need to work out the best way to clamp it down. I would go with getting a standard block and then possibly modifying the existing cpu heatsink.. or find some clamps that will fit.

a 1.0 should have a fan on the GPU as well.. if it don't it's a 1.1.