1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

water cooling any ideas

Discussion in 'PC hardware help' started by THEDICE, May 25, 2004.

1. THEDICE

THEDICE Member

been toying with the idea of water cooling for a while now i have been looking at the coolermaster aquagate,the thermaltake aquarious 3,and the zalman fanless setup,is anybody using any of these and which do you think is the best one for performance, price,reliability,.

2. Praetor

Praetor Moderator Staff Member

--dont forget aesthetics -- ive shyed away from watercooling cuz it has a tendency to introduce a huge chunk of ugliness to my case :p

3. THEDICE

THEDICE Member

have you checked out the coolermaster aquagate it fits in your drive bays and looks quite nice although it makes re fills a bit of a pain ,and the aqurious 3 looks very cool i think .

4. Nephilim

Nephilim Moderator Staff Member

Same here! The new Zalman Reserator got me thinking pretty hard about it though :)

[​IMG]

5. Praetor

Not bad however now I've got another "thing" sitting around on the table (as if the cable modem and router -- both of them not modded yet) werent enough :( .... although that tower thingy isnt too shabby at all (looks and performance).

Depending on how one "plays it out" the Vantec Hydrocool isnt too bad either as far as looks go (http://www.tigerdirect.ca/applications/SearchTools/item-details.asp?EdpNo=618893&Sku=C13-8000&CatId=499 )
    [​IMG]

The Koolance model here can really be "integrated" into a modded case ( http://www.frozencpu.com/cgi-bin/frozencpu/koo-21.html ) depending mostly on whether or not you've got exhaust fans coming out of the top or fans on the top or not.
    [​IMG]

6. THEDICE

THEDICE Member

the zalman was on display at a recent show i went to and it looked pretty good the radiator was only very slightly warm so you could put it next to any thing without fear of damage and it was silent.but ive heard that the cooler master aquagate is very good so im still trying to decide what to go for theres so many water cooling kits on the market now .

7. Praetor

Question about the Zalman -- does it fall over easily? :p

8. THEDICE

THEDICE Member

no its a hefty piece of kit and i did wiggle the thing about at the show as i had the same thought.