1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Way to tell if DVD is a Dual Layer ?

Discussion in 'Copy DVD to DVDR' started by koolyoe, Mar 19, 2007.

1. koolyoe

koolyoe Regular member

Hi i was making some copies of my movies and I use dvdfab to decrypt it, dvd shrink to shrink it and imgBurn to burn it. This has been working very well for me :) But i came across Employe of The Month and it took a very long time shrink it and then when it went to burn it said burn error i was like WTH i never had problem before so i opened the disk in IMGburn to see what may be different and when i click on verify it says it has 2 layers ?? does that mean its a Dual Layer disk? Because i was only using my DVD+R Media (not DL) also when dvd shrink has shrinked my other movies it only has about .vob files when done, this had lke 12 of them i could be little off on that statement haha. anywayz anyone know whats up. I do have a Dual Layer burner, but if theres a way to make it so i can just put on my single layer disks that would be great. Thanks for the help in advance guys :)

2. bbmayo

bbmayo Active member

Almost every retail DVD is DL so this isn't your issue at all. How much compression did this movie end up having? Before using DVD Shrink you might wnat to run those files threw VixVTS you can get it HERE

Then Follow these instructions
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

3. koolyoe

koolyoe Regular member

Hey thanks ill give that a try right now :)