1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

WD TV + USB/network storage drive

Discussion in 'Home Theater PC' started by pyro41787, Jul 11, 2009.

1. pyro41787

pyro41787 Member

I'm New here so forgive me if this isn't the correct location for this topic but to me it seemed most fitting

I have a WD HD TV media player it is connected to an 1TB external HDD it is nearly full of media and i need to expand (via second USB port). so i am looking for my next purchase...

what i ideal want, but do not know if it will work, is to have some type of network storage unit 1TB or more (either an enclosure i put a drive in or similar) plugged into the WD HD TV player's USB port at all times while having it also connected via Ethernet or wifi to my network and be able to add files to the drive from my computer while still having it connected to the media player for use (get it?)

thereby eliminating the need to me to plug and unplug the drive every time i add more files to the drive, also allowing me to keep watching videos while i am adding more...

does anyone know if a simple network storage enclosure with a 1tb drive in it will work like this can you recommend a device to me that will work like this?

is it even possible? im not sure how those types of storage devices work having not used one before, hence my registering here and asking for your help :)

Thanks.

2. pyro41787

pyro41787 Member

no one had anything to say?

3. pyro41787

pyro41787 Member

does anyone know of a way to have a HDD connected to the media player via USB and the computer via fire-wire at the same time? i have a buffalo drive with about 5 different i/o ports on the back

i tried basically plugging them in but didn't get anywhere is there a way to set this up?