1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

web browser SSL problems

Discussion in 'Windows - General discussion' started by zero2491, Jan 16, 2010.

1. zero2491

zero2491 Member

I am having to tell every web browser i use to allow me to go to https places like log in to my gmail and so forth. i was having comp trouble (video wasnt out putting for some reason) and when that was fixed win 7 wanted to do a system restore and i let it and ever since every site i go on up comes an ssl verification.it is rather annoying and was hoping there was something i could do to fix this. I was perfectly fine before i did a system restore. To me, its so annoying i may wipe my os drive and reinstall win 7 because i cant stand have to tell my browser everytime i want to check my mail to allow the site.

2. ddp

ddp Moderator Staff Member

moved to correct forum as not a windows issue.

3. zero2491

zero2491 Member

solved. what chrome or firefox failed to do was at least tell my why it was happening. Opera told me the certificates were not valid with the date my computer was set to. which some how managed to get set back to feb 09( i have only had win 7 for about 4 months), but the time was still the right time so i did not know,. after i changed the date to the current day it gave me no problems.