1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Webcam with a "Carl Zeiss" lens, big difference?

Discussion in 'PC hardware help' started by Shain776, Jan 13, 2014.

1. Shain776

Shain776 Member

Hi I'm looking for a webcam that's better then the one I have for filming off screen.

What I'm using it for is playing on my Nintendo 3DS...I want to get the image large screen. I'm using it to film the handheld game system's tiny screen and streaming the image on a PC screen. So I have a webcam taped to a small board which is attached to the bottom of the system and positioned in a way that it provides a live stream of the top screen...

Been using a Logitech C525:

http://www.canadacomputers.com/product_info.php?cPath=1...

And am looking at this Logitech Pro C920 with a "Carl Zeiss Optics Lens"

http://www.canadacomputers.com/product_info.php?cPath=1...

With the first webcam I have the image came out Ok but it really picked up the grain on the screen and it's very garish and there is this buzzing static on it....the image quality is just bad for filming off screen. I could get a capture-card installed for $255 so....now I'm more open to splurging on a better webcam IF it might make a difference for less.

So does anyone know if the above webcam, with the Carl Zeiss lens would be enough of an improvement to make a difference for what I'm trying to do with it? Would it film sharper for things close up? Or by chance...If anyone has a webcam with a glass lens could they test filming their smart phone from about 4 inches to check how it looks?

Thanks for any advice on this.

Shain.

2. ddp

ddp Moderator Staff Member

your links don't work. were in ontario are you as i'm just south of barrie?

3. Shain776

Shain776 Member

4. xboxdvl2

xboxdvl2 Regular member

i googled who Carl Zeiss is.

also seen Logitech QuickCam Pro 9000 got good reviews & uses a carl zeiss glass lens.
    Also Logitech QuickCam Orbit AF got decent reviews again with a carl zeiss glass lens.

5. Ripper

Ripper Active member

Very brief look says the more expensive one captures in 1080p as opposed to 720p of the less expensive one, so the video quality will be better.

That said, I've no idea if what you're trying to achieve with it is possible with great quality, or if it is with either of those.