1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

website address or logo along bottom of video

Discussion in 'Subtitle help' started by highe5, Nov 5, 2007.

1. highe5

highe5 Guest

I have a couple of promotional music videos of my own productions that I want to upload to youtube, but I first want to add my website address in either text or (better still) logo form along the bottom of the screen for the duration of the video.

What is the best / easiest way of doing this?

(I originally played the vidoes into my PC from analogue VHS into vob format, then I encoded the vob to mpg, so effectively I have the videos in both vob and mpg formats)

2. attar

attar Senior member

For MPEG files you can use the likes of 'VidLogo' or similar programs.
    (These are shareware and leave a watermark on the screen until registered).
    I haven't seen any free apps for adding logos or text to mpeg.

If the file was an AVI, then it would be simple (and free) to use VirtualDub with the 'Logo15' filter.
    This gives good results and is fast.

3. highe5

highe5 Guest

Thanks - I'll hove VidLogo a try.

4. highe5

highe5 Guest

Well, vidlogo works a treat with avi files which have a framrate of 25fps, but a couple of vobs which i converted to avi (using Free DVD Ripper) have a framerate of 29.97fps.

These I am having problems with in vidlogo. What I want to do is output as an mpg (for youtube), but the only way I can get the audio in sync is by trying to output as a .wmv - the audio I am happy with as 192kbps mp3, but the video quality is a real problem in this format.

Any ideas out there?

5. highe5

highe5 Guest

attar, why oh why did I not take your original advice and use VirtualDub? - what a fantastic progamme; excellent quality and laughs in the face of framerate differences !!!

One question: after adding the bmp of my logo, is there any way to resize as well as reposition it. At the moment, I'm having to define the logo size in photoshop before adding...?

6. attar

attar Senior member

Since my needs are simple (and I only use freeware) I open Irfanview at the same time as Virtualdub and resize and 'save as' at the same time.

[​IMG]

7. highe5

highe5 Guest

Sorry - I just realized I hadn't extracted the Logo 15 plugin and was just using VirtualDub's own Logo filter!

8. xhardc0re

xhardc0re Guest

WOW, this is awesome advice. Thanks.

one question. How could i take an existing .mp4 file into VDub, apply the logo, and then export it back out as .mp4 or .mov with as little quality loss as possible. What import as .mpg would give as little quality loss as possible? I knwo a few programs that could export the .mp4 file as .mpg; it stores the .mp4 stream in a .mpg container without recompression.

9. attar

attar Senior member

AFAIK there is no support for the container.
    Although mpeg and some wmv can be accommodated (somewhat), only avi output is allowed.
    This link (where the creator lurks), though dated, gives reasons - it's also a good source for help with VDub.
    http://forums.virtualdub.org/index.php?act=ST&f=11&t=8904&