1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

websites have seuudenly stopped loading?!?!

Discussion in 'Windows - Software discussion' started by farahm2, Nov 14, 2007.

1. farahm2

farahm2 Member

I am using the latest version of firefox, and have been for a very long time. Suddenly, one day i was on the internet and i wanted to go to myspace so i went, signed in, and it was just loading and it stayed like that for about 20 minutes. My internet connection is very good, so i knew it couldnt have anything to do with that. I just thought that there was something wrong with myspace, so i tried again the next day and same problem. (All of this started hapening about a week ago) Since then, i have noticed that the same problem is happening to other websites also like hotmail. when i come to the hotmail sign in page, it type my info and hit enter, and usually it should just take me to my inbox, but it was just loading and the screen was just white and it stayed like that. I also cannot sign into msn messenger.

Is Firefox Messing up??? i searched around a little bit before i posted this and i saw a lot of people in need of help with firefox. Do you think firefox is gunna end up dead or something?

2. enjoycomi

enjoycomi Member

I have not met this problem before. Do you try another browser eg.IE7? Is there any wrong?

3. IHoe

IHoe Senior member

for some reason..... windows or another program that you installed might have switched your settings to connect to the internet on Firefox and/or your other browsers, too! I have cable which is set this way:

Open FireFox, go to TOOLS/OPTIONS/ADVANCED/at the CONNECTIONS hit the SETTINGS button.........if you have cable then your internet is always on.... so just make sure that you tick off the DIRECT CONNECT TO THE INTERNET is checked! Or if you are connected a different way, like having a router.... then you might need a proxy setting to be adjusted. I don't know.... each system is different. But if you have cable then you want to always DIRECTLY CONNECT TO THE INTERNET, as long as you don't use your router as a proxy.

I was having trouble also using my browsers and found out that when I installed a certain program it changed my settings ........

***Also you might want to check your anti-virus programs..... make sure that your settings for the internet is ALLOWED/PERMITTED so your internet security will allow you to view certain websites! There are plenty of other things, too, to check ....... I have Norton's so sometimes the Security settings get switched around when installing or uninstalling programs! Just something to think about and check to make sure nothing has changed.