1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Weird Disk Cleanup Message and Rundll32 freaking out

Discussion in 'Windows - General discussion' started by Dunsky, Apr 21, 2007.

1. Dunsky

Dunsky Guest

Two quick problems, well actually three, but I don't know if one belongs here....

I am running on Windows Vista and I decided to cleanup a bunch of junk on my computer, but I had to do it in Safe Mode because Webroot Window Washer acts weird in Vista running normal...

So I go to use Disk Cleanup in Safe Mode and it tells me I have .98 TB of error reporting files that I can get rid of (2 types of error reporting files 504 GB a piece)

I thought that was weird considering I only have a 100 GB harddrive but somehow I have over a thousand gigs of stuff I can get rid of in Disk Cleanup...

What is that all about?

Also, when I'm running P2P software (utorrent)Rundll32 (noob, don't know what that is) stops working over and over again... and every time I shut off utorrent it kills my internet connection....

Please help. thanks

2. Morph416

Morph416 Active member

If you don't wish to use error reporting, turn it off. But it cannot make files larger than your hard drive, only the full size of your physical memory. A full memory dump would be the size of your system memory.

Not all torrent programs are fully compatible with Vista. Rundll32 is an active part of system drivers...uTorrent may be causing a conflict with a Vista driver.