1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Weird DVD Trouble

Discussion in 'DVD players' started by Dela, Nov 30, 2002.

1. Dela

Dela Administrator Staff Member

I posted about my dvd drive before on Afterdawn but a few things have happened since then.

First of all, I had WinME before and the dvd drive was perfect on it. Something happened and I had to re-install WinME, so I used the dvd drive and had no problem at all!

However, about a month or so later, I had to re-install WinME again and this time, when it came time to copy files to the computer, it froze at 0% for about a minute and crashed. Fixing it up from there was a nightmare but when I finally got Windows back on, My dvd drive was there but wasn't reading any cd's at all!!!

Thats what I posted first on Afterdawn! Now that I have WinXP Pro, I accidently put a cd into the dvd drive and it worked. Well, it read the cd. However, I tried to install the software on the disk and it worked for a min and then *Crash*. The PC restarted itself. I tried a DVD in and it played exactly 8 seconds and *crash*.

I have no idea whats up with it. It's strange the way it just began reading cd's again to. I need help here guys and any would be appreciated! So can anyone give me any idea's???

2. Dela

Ah come on. I help a lot around here. There must be someone with an answer for me. I mean millions of people view afterdawn every week. Come on, you know you wanna help me!

3. vwdevilo

vwdevilo Member

okay fisrt try to format the drive c:,you will lost everything you have been warn. Okay the install the windows XP try to intall the window sin FAT32 partion, okay ,the when all this is doen download all updates for windws xp,check for firmware for your DVD writer, if the problem persist , check for cables in the pc or laptop maybe damage by heat, or nasty virus got u..... feel free to answer,i got your soul for free The Devil

4. Dela

OOOOOOKKKKKK. Right, well actually I fixed it already. The laser got a bit dodgy and i got it fixed so no need to drop to FAT32! Thanx anyway

:)