1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Weird DVD Writing Problem

Discussion in 'Nero discussion' started by mdesai, Mar 11, 2007.

1. mdesai

mdesai Member

I have noticed that DVD Burning in NERO takes more time to burn a DVD Disc then what NERO would assign (i.e. if NERO says that a Data DVD would take 3minutes to burn, the writing would only be about 50% complete when the 3 minutes are up instead of being 100% complete). Hence the program would add a couple more minutes to the write time and when all said and donoe, the time to burn the entire DVD will be more than the original time assgined by the program.

When I originally got the computer from DELL and before installing the second CD Writer, Nero was completing the Write process in the time it originally assigned to write the DVD. Now it takes almost double the time to write the same DVD Disc. So I took the CD Writer out and it didn’t make any difference. It was still taking too long to burn the DVD Disc.

I have tried various 16X DVD Discs (tried SONY, MEMOREX, VERBATIM) and found that it is not a brand specific disc issue. They all take more time than what NERO originally assigns to complete the DVD Write task. What is amazing is that NERO says that the burning speed is 16X not any speed slower. And when the write process is complete, it says that it burned the disc at 16X.

Finally, I replaced the firmware of the Phillips DVD Writer to BENQ and it still didn’t fix the problem.

Can someone please help me fix this problem….Thanks in advance.

2. mdesai

mdesai Member

I have made sure that the Primary and Secondary Controllers are in DMA Mode and NOT in PIO Mode.