1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

weird ffdshow problem playing two videos

Discussion in 'Video playback problems' started by noodz, Dec 25, 2004.

1. noodz

noodz Member

Hi!

This will be difficult to explain properly, but bear with me.

If, say, I open one video- avi or mpeg or anything- the video plays alright. But if on top of that in a seperate window I open up another vid, the video play fine too, BUT if I right-click to menu the video in the second window hides the right-click menu. The video screen is drawn over it in a "always on top overlay" sort of way.

This is annoying because 1) I can't use the right-click menu conveniently. 2) When I minimize the window of the second video, that video stays drawn on the screen...

No doubt, some of you will be scratching your heads figuring out what my problem is. I'm sorry about that. I'm finding it difficult to describe the situation.

Some points: This problem does not exist when I uninstall ffdshow. I am using bsplayer and windows media classic. Problem exists for either player -- if I open two vids on bsplayer or two vids in windows media classic. I am sure, for that matter, that I have turned off the "always on top" function available in a player such as bsplayer. My OS is Windows XP (SP2)

I really like using ffdshow. But this problem is very new to me and I never had to deal with it before but I recently had to reformat my computer.

Any suggestions for fixing this problem?

2. noodz

noodz Member

update: the problem actually only occurs for mpeg videos and videos encoded in xvid. I don't believe ffdshow has anything to do with it.

any suggestions?

Last edited: Dec 25, 2004
  3. me1

me1 Member

hello do not know if iam asking in the right place but i downloaded ffdshow i got 2 videos in xvid format tryed to play them no joy what am i doing wrong? new to all this so please do not frown on me.

thanks
    d:~)