1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Weird Internet

Discussion in 'PC hardware help' started by Waymon3X6, Jun 20, 2007.

1. Waymon3X6

Waymon3X6 Regular member

Hello all,

The problem that I am expierencing is that I have a Belkin N1 Wireless router and a Linksys wireless N network card installed in my gaming computer. I did everything correctly, including the installation and updates for the card and the router. But, since about 10-15 days ago, the internet has been acting up. I used to get 270mbps and now I only get 27 (usually). The speed goes up and down from 270-12mbps and when I go to a site, I see that the card is sending packets, but it doesnt recieve them untill a couple tries of retyping the address of the website and hitting "go". A comcast guy came to my house and said it was the router, but we just bought the damn thing and I'd hate to go out and buy a brand new one for $100.

Any ideas on how to fix this? Oh yea, this happeneds with all the other wireless computers in the house.

Thanks!

2. tripplite

tripplite Guest

i hate comcast, maybe some one else is using you router, perhaps you don't have your wep, wap, key in right so it's connected on a low

okay lets see if it is the router, manually take an Ethernet from your computer and connect it to your router, tell us the results, you should have full speed

NICE- "Intel P4 @ 3.2Ghz | ASUS P4P800-E Deluxe Mobo | 3Gb 3200 | nVidia 6800GS 512mb video card O'ced to 500/1200 | Maxtor 300Gb 7400rpm | Samsung 200Gb 7500rpm | Antec 550 PSU | Creative X-Fi Xtreme Music | Sony 19" HD LCD | Saqic Arius 5.1 | Logitech wireless keyboard and mouse"

Last edited by a moderator: Jun 21, 2007
  3. Waymon3X6

Waymon3X6 Regular member

hey man thanks for the reply.

I have 2 other computers in my house that use the same router, one is wireless and one plugs directly into it since the computeris stationed next to it. We live way back into the woods, so I dont think anyone can be using our router (unless they have a psp or laptop and are hiding in the woods and stealing our internet).

We dont have security on our internet, since sometimes I borrow a friends psp, and I dont like to type the key in every time I use it.

The computer that is allready plugged directly into the router is fine, it only stops or goes slow once in a very long time. I just tested my computers wireless at http://www.speakeasy.net/speedtest/ and get 7500 download speed (usually get only 6, wtf is up with that?). However, the test went to 7500, and then kept slowing down, and not going up. I just finished the test as I write this and at the end I got 8428kbs download (holy sh** that's fast, what is going on???!!!) and I got only 361kbps upload. (The upload has allways been slow, even before this problem.)

thanks man, the cpu is kinda slow, and I need a new gfx card, I think I will be building a new one soon for Crysis.