1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Weird Problem

Discussion in 'CD-R' started by JohnXXIII, Mar 25, 2002.

1. JohnXXIII

JohnXXIII Member

I'm having this problem since yesterday...
    I own a Yamaha 8424 CD-RW and I never had any problems with it, yesterday I was about to record an Audio CD and when the program asked for a blank CD I put one and the orange led (orange when empty, green when a CD is in) remained orange... I've tried with several brands and the same happened.
    Then I've tried to play an original CD, and it worked OK, but when I tried to play a recorded CD the same thing happened... orange led.
    Does anyone knows what could be causing this?
    Thanx in advance...
    Juan (from Argentina really, just it doesn't appears in the registration form... ;-))

2. dRD

dRD I hate titles Staff Member

Ah, notorious Argentina, only country that's missing from the country list, sorry about that one :)

Anyway, I'm not an expert, but same happened to my Yamaha 16x CD-RW writer and it just simply doesn't work any more -- 13 months after I bought it, it came with 12 months warranty :p

3. cd-rw.org

cd-rw.org Active member

These are always difficult ones to determine what exactly is wrong.

Does this occur with audio CDs, data CDs, or both?

4. JohnXXIII

JohnXXIII Member

@ dRD: it's very pesimistic, but come on, let's face it, maybe the same thing happened to me, anyway, I'm having this problem since the day before yesterday, so I'm still trying to find a solution ;-)
    @ cd-rw.org: this happens to me with both burned audio and data CDs, but not with the original ones...

5. Pio2001

Pio2001 Moderator Staff Member

It happened to me after 9 monthes (lucky me !), but it was diferent : mine couldn't read anything, copied or original. Closing the tray, there was no noise at all. On a good Yamaha, closing the tray, you can hear the head seeking "wizz-wizz" while the green light flashes.

I don't know why this only happens with CDR.