1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

weird problems xecuter 3ce

Discussion in 'Xbox - Hardware mods' started by jamo2008, Oct 17, 2008.

1. jamo2008

jamo2008 Member

So here it is, i have installed the modchip all lights are good on the chip etc, when i initially turned the xbox on it didnt have any video output, i assumed that this was because the chip was out of another xbox which was broken and had already had xbmc running as the dash. So i decided to flash the bios, switches 1 and 2 (ON) with x3 3294.bin as i have a 1.3 xbox. It flahes fine, turns off then when i turn it on the xbox boots says 'Xecuter rox my box' then loads the ms dash.

Another thing to note is the long press of the power button no longer works since i flashed the bios it just loads with the chip enabled

and yes flash protection was turned off.

help please

2. varnull

varnull Guest

simple config problem.. the chip is booting the default dash.. in your case it looks like the M$ dash on C

Hold down the white button and switch on.. will take you to the x3 config screen.

Have you installed any new dash systems?? your post doesn't say you have so I guess not ;)

Last edited by a moderator: Oct 17, 2008
  3. deno2001

deno2001 Member

i also have an xecuter 3 ce and xbox v1.0 and i flashed my chip and the screen turns off auotmatically then when i turn the xbox back on it goes to the same blue bios screen what am i doin wrong please help

4. varnull

varnull Guest

flashbios 3.0.3 ?

That's what it should do.. you need to flash a bios on the chip or.. flash protect "ON".. make sure you are on the bank you flashed.

5. deno2001

deno2001 Member

ok i turned the flash protect off and then i set the switch to on on off off just to flash it but what im trying to do is ones the xbox turns off then when i turn it back on its at the same screen from when i first flashed it. do i got to install a dashboard or something i have been trying to learn how to do this for a week lol please help me out dude thanks

Last edited: Oct 25, 2008
  6. deno2001

deno2001 Member

as for the flash bios 3.03 is what shows on the blue screen im just tryint o get it to some kind of dashboard menu?

7. varnull

varnull Guest

If you are only getting flashbios 3.0.3 then that bank hasn't been flashed. That's all there is.

I only ever flashed from a bios cd.. because I have them built already, but you can network flash somehow.... It's a long time ago and I forget how.. lots of guides are out there if you look for them.

http://x3.bustedchain.com/installation.html

How about the flash protect on the chip itself?.. some have the sense of the switch reversed.. bad fault really.

Last edited by a moderator: Oct 25, 2008
  8. deno2001

deno2001 Member

so ones i flash then the xbox turns off then when i turn it back on then the green menu will pop up but at the bottom it will say xeucuter roks my box right? what do the switches are suppose to be set on when i flash?

9. varnull

varnull Guest

Yup.. that's what should happen.. to flash you are flashing bank 1 with on on off off off

Then once it completes and you reboot turn the flash protect on and you should get the x3 live config screen... If that isn't happening and you go straight to the stock MS$ dash then hold the white button on your pad. One thing... you need a proper xbox controller.. a 3rd party madcatz or something won't work for some reason.

Just a little thing... if it's a 1.6b you need a proper 1.6b bios on bank 2 or it won't work.. Don't know what the problem with bank 1 is but it's true.

from a site I used to belong to a long time ago...

10. deno2001

deno2001 Member

how can i tell what size bios i have where do you look for that? sorry for being a payne dude i spent alot of money fo this stuff lol

11. varnull

varnull Guest

you have the bios on your pc?.. right click and properties ;)

ps.. check my profile before using "dude" again eh?

12. deno2001

deno2001 Member

are talking about the flash bios? yes i downloaded flash bios 3.03 from the website i bought the modchip from. and i already made a dummy.bin and bios.bin and i have it on a dvd

13. varnull

varnull Guest

flashbios 3.0.3 is already on the chip... you need something like evoxM8 or 5274 or 3029 or something.. I can't link to them because they aren't legal :)

They can be had on some of the installers.. slayers has a whole heap of them, as does aid.

14. deno2001

deno2001 Member

ok ok i right clicked the flash bios and the size of it is 256k so what do i set my switches to before flashing? and i see the diagram you wrote but it has different ways you can have the switches

15. deno2001

deno2001 Member

ok i am now downloading evolution evox right now so when i download it what to do then? burn it as an images or somthing?

16. deno2001

deno2001 Member

how about if i just go out and buy a regular xbox controler then i just hold down the white button will that solve everything?

17. varnull

varnull Guest

Are you getting an installer disk or just the dash.. you need an installer to get the bios you need to flash with.. and that will give you all the applications and stuff as well.

You could do with a tool called "extractXiso" so you can get at the files on the disk to pull the bios you need out of the iso. I can't find the old download links.. and mine will be no use to you as it's my own build for linux.

18. deno2001

deno2001 Member

ok ok everybody keeps sayin they found a hacked bios bin from xbins what is xbins and how do i get to that website then im done

19. DrGanja

DrGanja Guest

im not sure if this is the right place to post if not then please let me know . thank you . when i long press the power button the x3 is off. are the 3 chip lights supposed to still be on ? 2 blue lights and the flash protection . if the chip lights are still on is it safe to go on xbox live ? im just wondering about this because my x2.6ce the chip light is off when i switch the chip off . thanks .

20. DrGanja

DrGanja Guest

i have another question . sorry this is my first x3ce so im trying to fully understand it . please dont hate me . when i boot the xbox on with the chip enabled without a controller plugged in sometimes when i do plug the controller in the x3 on the switch goes from blue to purple . whats up with that ? i always turn it off then turn it back on before doing anything with it . it has always done it . but it happens once in a while . any explainations ? thanks alot guys and gals .