1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Weird???

Discussion in 'DVDR' started by BIGJJ, Feb 4, 2005.

1. BIGJJ

BIGJJ Member

Hello~
    I was wondering,does anyone know why when i burn some dvd's decryptor takes like a hour to burn it on to a disc.
    This never happened before and i have burned around 150 movies (new releases etc)It just started happening when i burned forgotten and had to rip with decryptor ,then shrink it, then burn back with decryptor.Usually I just need shrink then decryptor.Catwoman gave me some problems but i tried it again the next day and i used shrink then decryptor like no problem..weird (when the day before it said encryption error)I have burned one since Forgotten (Forgotten took a hour to burn to a disc and ther next one that i had on my hd that took a hour as well,I ripped the second one with Shrink so there was nothing different than the usual shrink ripping with that one .Forgotten was the only one i ever had to rip with decryptor..then shrink.
    I hope this makes some sense..i just don't want to wait a hour for a movie to burn ,just weird that it just started to happen.
    Any help would be appreciated.
    thanks again..

2. Jerry746

Jerry746 Senior member

Check your IDE channel controllers in device manager. The new encryption causes a lot of CRC errors which in turn could make Windows reset them to PIO mode instead of DMA. Reset them both to DMA if possible. If they won't stay on DMA, remove them from the device manager list and reboot. Windows should reinstall them to DMA mode.

Jerry

3. BIGJJ

BIGJJ Member

Thanks Jerry,
    I thought it might have kicked it out ,but thought i would ask first,i'll check when i get home.
    thanks again