1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Well my Winmx WAS working

Discussion in 'Audio' started by RAPIER, Jan 22, 2005.

1. RAPIER

RAPIER Member

Ok now. I have a linksys wireless router for my DSL network I built. Keep in mind I'm not a novice although I am certainly not making a living programming either folks. I set my router up to file share with the right fix and it was working fine. Now.....after downloading service pack 2 and the new MS anti spyware beta that is out my winmx is running slow and not getting much almost exactally like it was before I set up the router. Thing is the other machine on the network the 14 uses works just fine. So.........it must have been something I did. PLease help as I am totally addicted to mp3's yes even at 36 years old. And I just got a new Clarion 545 in my new Colorado that plays mp3's and I REALLY want to start burning some tunes. please please please help.

2. aabbccdd

aabbccdd Guest

try unloading the program and reloading it. that may work.but make sure you delete it from you c drive to.

3. polkaudio

polkaudio Member

on connections click on make a secondary connection to the network instead of a primary connection , this works around the routers security, the most likely cause of the problem.

4. RAPIER

RAPIER Member

Like I have always said, "When I have a problem you can bet it's a big one else I would have taken care of it myself being that I am so prideful." I appreciate the info gents, although I am way ahead of you. Remove and reinstall is basic trouble shooting and I was schooled by some great propeller heads. The whole secondary connection thing can be circumvented by actually going to the internal router settings and allowing the TCP and DCP. Again already done. So I repeat. I am at a loss with Winmx and I really like the application a lot. The only things that have changed are the two application I downloaded. The reason I know the router is configured correctly is because the other computer on my home network has no problem with Winmx. Catch is it's the 14 year old's machine and since I hold privacy and and respect it the highest regard I don't want to encroach on her machine. PLease please help here. I fear I have really messed things up.