1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Westinghouse SK-32H520S vs SK-32H240S?

Discussion in 'Televisions' started by Xenokai, Dec 4, 2007.

1. Xenokai

Xenokai Regular member

I bought this tv (SK-32H240S)on sale for $549 http://www.bestbuy.com/site/olspage.jsp?skuId=8250144&type=product&id=1169512290376&ref=10&loc=01 2 days ago and returned it because the hd was outputting a greenish color to the picture in dark areas. It wasnt my cables because i used 2 inputs and 2 diffrent cables ps3 and 360. So i exchanged it and got the same tv. This tv had the same problem! So i returned it and got this Dynex 32" for $560. The pic seems good but not as sharp as the westinghouse was but it had green. So what im wondering is would the other westinghouse 32" best buy sells have this same green problem? Its a diffrent model # SK-32H520S but seems to have the same features the other had. I really want a westinghouse that works right. The (SK-32H520S) is $629 on the site and was wondering if i should try and get it? would it make a diffrence?

2. shoplifes

shoplifes Guest

spam and spammer removed

Last edited by a moderator: Dec 6, 2007
  3. diabolos

diabolos Guest

The SK-32H520S is way better than the westinghouse Best Buy normally sells. It was a black-friday door buster that didn't sell out. It is better than the regular westinghouse and Dynex 32" TVs.

Ced

4. Xenokai

Xenokai Regular member

i now have the SK-32H520S with HDMU, i paid some extra and got the store to price macth the $629 from the site. I still seem to see green on gears of war for my 360. In dark levels its greenish instead of black. Its no where near as green and halo isnt green anymore. why is the SK-32H520S better?

5. LOCOENG

LOCOENG Moderator Staff Member

diablos, 5 lines max for a text only sig....change yours ASAP.

6. dabig25

dabig25 Regular member

So which is better of the 2 Westinghouse's mentioned ????

I'm looking to get one myself, but what is the difference ? Which is better ?

7. Xenokai

Xenokai Regular member

The SK-32H520S is the best because the component input work right and dont have the super green tone. If you dont plan to use component inputs then the SK-32H240S is pretty much the same tv. If you can find it id recommend the SK-32H520S tho. Ive had both and the SK-32H520S is better. Btw component inputs is the red green blue hd inputs. I didnt get to try the hdmi on the SK-32H240S but everyone tells me those inputs worked currectly. I got the SK-32H520S and all the inputs seem to work great but this model may be harder to track down because it was a black friday sale item. I got it on sale after black friday for $499 Bottem line this tv is worth the normal $699 price. If you dont care for componet at all then the SK-32H240S should be fine.

8. dabig25

dabig25 Regular member

Well the TV will be for my bedroom. Already have a 55" LCD in my living room.

I would have my AT&T U-Verse box hooked up to TV via HDMI cable.

Then have my progressive scan, NON- upconversion DVD player hooked via component cable or S-Video.

9. aspire180

aspire180 Regular member

FYI...Reviews universally for both of these Westinghouse screens are pretty bad...Moreover, Customer Service support has been routinely dismissed as entirely inadequate...May want to think twice about going this route...My 2 cents

10. Xenokai

Xenokai Regular member

i have the SK-32H520S and there really isnt reviews and user reviews is the only reviews ive seen but i can tell you dont trust reviews. I took back one of these westinghouse tvs for a toshiba that everyone on the reviews seemed to like when i got it the pic was so blurry on moving object that even dvd looked blurry. the toshiba had better specs and was way worse the the westy. if your gonna use component stay clear of the SK-32H240S because the component ports are flawed other then that the tv is the same as the one i have. The hdmi input work great. about customer service i havent called them but ive emailed them and i get a human responce usally trying to help me but they also say i should call them. I say if you can find the SK-32H520S at best buy get it with the 4 year warranty.

the only thing i seen wrong with my tv is sometimes the digital tuner (on normal tv channels) sometimes freeze when the tv is first warming up but is easy fixed by holding the power for 5 secs. These are a common problem on built in tuners even LG tvs had this problem. (doest freeze on anything but normal tv channels and that is rarely.) never happens on hdmi or component since it doesnt use the tuner. A tv with this pic quailty and features usally cost over $900 the $699 toshiba (on sale) and $599 dynex didnt come close to this. i just want ya to know the SK-32H240S that best buy has ont he sales floor doesnt have the same menus as the one you buy. If you find away around using component on the SK-32H240S then go for it if not i dont suggest it because that model has a flaw (maybe newer ones of that model dont?) could always try it and see if its good enough for ya.

11. dabig25

dabig25 Regular member

I've seen the opposite..........Most of the reviews I've seen were good.

12. garmoon

garmoon Regular member

You get what you pay for. Seems like no one in this thread is saying much positive about the Westinghouse HD, either model.Greenish tints and work arounds if this or that cable connection is used. A good TV has a proper picture from all inputs and black color not green. Caveat emptor! You're the one that's going to have to watch the TV. I think there are better low cost HD choices.

13. Xenokai

Xenokai Regular member

SK-32H240S is the tv with the green tint the SK-32H520S doesnt have this. There isnt a better tv around this price range that ive seen since ive tryed 90% of the ones on this price range in my own ome and returned them. the SK-32H520S was the best out of them all. There are vizios but the one at wall mart has a 700:1 contrast ratio and ive heard its pretty blurry. The one at circuit city is prob better but. My westy isnt bad for $499 xD it was on sale tho all my tvs input work right im just saying the SK-32H240S has a greenish cast over the component inputs (somthing wrong with the input i guess) i suggest you try a westy you can always get ur money back but i found the westy pic to be way better then the dynex or the toshiba and the toshiba was a $899 tv on sale for $699

14. garmoon

garmoon Regular member

Xenokai
    A GOOD new TV doesn't have problems. I stand by what I said. You get what you pay for. Pay a little more and get something that'll work properly out of the box.

Have you checked out Sams. They carry a lot of TVs.

Last edited: Feb 9, 2008
  15. dabig25

dabig25 Regular member

Actually I'm really starting to lean toward the Sharp Aquos.

I little bit more, If I look around. Much better picture. Went into a B.B. yeaterday & saw the 2 side by side.

Always wanted a Sharp but didn't want to pay that much. But there was a big difference in the picture quality.

The Sharp had a MUCH blacker black.

16. wwarrior

wwarrior Member

I just picked one of these up (sk-32H520s) at Best Buy today for $375
    I hope its worth it. I haven't unpacked it yet so I don't know how good the picture is. I can't find any reviews on it either.

17. dabig25

dabig25 Regular member

Have heard good things. Have seen the SK-32H402S at Wal-Mart & B.B.

Not a bad looking TV.

I'm trying to find out which TV is the NEWER model.............

The SK-32H240S

or the SH-32H520S ?

I've heard some people say that the H520S is newer ?

If that's true, why is the H520S so hard to find & the H240S isn't ?

Heard that B.B. sold them really cheap because they were being discontinued.

So which is it ?

Last edited: Feb 10, 2008
  18. Xenokai

Xenokai Regular member

SH-32H520S was a black friday sale item just for that sale but some places didnt sell out so they are still around. You got this tv for $375!? thats a great deal. best setting are...

Brightness 10
    Contrast 47
    Sat 20
    Hue 25
    Sharp 4
    Backlight 35

Color temp: Warm

This tv was the best tv for the $600 range best pic out of them all. a Sharp maybe good to but im pretty sure its either on sale because those are mostly like $899 for a 32" atleast.

wwarrior you got a amazing deal. i payed $629 at first and didnt feel cheated then it was on sale for $499 best buy gave me the diffrence and i got the 4 year warranty for $60. Enjoy ur tv wwarrior

19. Xenokai

Xenokai Regular member

The SH-32H520S was a model bb ordered for the Black friday sale. There pretty much the same but the SH-32H520S has silver trim and working component inputs. I believe the tvs both where made in 2007 around the same time just diffrent store ordered a diffrent model. Like all manufactor they release new models every year and the odler one is phased out. They prob just have more SH-32H240S
    left to sell. It really hard to base a buy off the instore setup because they usally have the settings way to high. I know the pre sets on mine are all set to high to help with store lighting. Get one of them and try it you have 30 days to pick. i just know its better then the dynex and toshiba i tryed.