1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

What Am I Doing Wrong?

Discussion in 'DVDR' started by andyB, Mar 20, 2003.

1. andyB

andyB Member

ok .. i use tmpgenc to get my m2v file .. i use virtualdub to get my wave .. which i rename to .mpa! .. then i goto ifoedit .. i create my vobs etc.. then i goto copy to dvd .. or Nero .. i then copy my movie to DVD ... i play it on my pc ( pioneer 1.05 ) DVD-R .. it plays on the pc GREAT ! .. then i place the dvd into my standalone .. ( cyberhome ) .. which plays mp3/vcd/dvd/toast/letters .. everything .. ALL BUT MY DVD ??? .. i have wasted so many blank discs .. someone please tell me wat i`m missing???? getting desperate now
    cheers Andy

2. whonose

whonose Guest

you didn't indicate if all the blank discs you're wasting are all the same or different

get a sampler pack from meritline or buy a few different ones off the shelf

dvd players can be very picky about the media you use

3. andyB

andyB Member

Blanks i been using are : Vivastar, Verbatim, All DVD-R ... when they burn it looks like a gap at the start of the disc where the beginning is .. as in audio cd`s .. so i`m wondering if thats my prob .. er but as far as i can make out i`1m doing everything the giudes are telling me ...

4. andyB

andyB Member

The Files i`m ending up with are :
    video_ts / vts_01_0 / vts_01_1.vob / video_ts.bup / vts_01_0.bup / vts_01_2.vob thats it !! .. can i make a dvd from just these files????
    Andy

5. whonose

whonose Guest

One of the guides indicates
    VIDEO_TS.IFO
    VIDEO_TS.BUP
    VTS_01_0.IFO
    VTS_01_0.BUP
    VTS_01_1.VOB
    VTS_01_2.VOB
    VTS_01_3.VOB
    VTS_01_4.VOB

I wish I could tell you which message in which forum here but there's so much information.

Try to to do a search on ifoedit, after Decryptor, it can be used to do everything else.

6. seamonkey

seamonkey Regular member

first.. does your standalone play any other DVD-R discs?
    it might not play dvd-r discs.

also, have you tried to use dvd-rw discs so you don't waste so many discs.

peace
    seamonkey420

7. andyB

andyB Member

yip my standalone dvd player plays DVD-r ... ibe bought some movies & they all play..
    i cant get on ifo95 to do a disc image ... it says cant find cmd.exe in sys32 ?? is this anything to do with me not being able to make a dvd?
    andy